Prolouge: Eyes.

Prologue: Eyes.
Song: Praise you in the storm.

The gang sat around the toasty fire and leaned in close to get away from the frosty air of the cold December night.
The sand cool beneath their bare feet and squished between their toes. They sang songs and played games to pass the time until they were rescued, although they had no clue when that would be.
But the one sentence that changed it all was from Bella's mouth. "Jack, why don't you believe in God?" All eyes turned towards the small blonde girl. Jack let out a small breath. "None of your business, Cal." Jack said sternly and turned away from the group that had become his only friends, if you could even call them that.

Five pairs of eyes watched him walk further into the woods, including the pair that were identical to his. The pair that belonged to the only person who truly knew what happened to Jack and the person who would never say a word. Those dark green eyes stared longer than the others, full of loss and pain, until they finally looked back into the fire.

To the right of Jet sat Hazel. She leaned back from the fire in fear that she would inhale the smoke.
She coughed a little and her eyes widened. Jet laid a hand gently on her shoulder. "You're fine Hazel." He whispered. She nodded and looked back at the group before her. 

No one was looking at each other, all in fear that they would say something wrong and lose someone else.

Bella's eyes were turned downwards, staring into the soft sand.

Mikki looked up into the bright stars, her eyes full of hope.

Jet stared at a nearby tree as if hoping his brother would soon reappear.

One girl, Destiny, sat off to one side looking into the nothingness. She felt distant from the rest.

Hazel stared in awe at her newfound friends. It's crazy how much had happened since they had met just three days before.

Bella began to sing again. Different this time from the last when they sang the current pop songs. The words that began to flow from Bella's mouth were all to familiar to the four that sat around. But they were a mystery to the girl who was distant from the group.

In perfect harmony, the four around the fire began to sing the words 'I will praise you in the storm'. Meanwhile, Jack sat behind that same tree that Jet had been looking at only moments before.

He had a scowl on his mouth. He wanted nothing to do with them.

Destiny sat off to the side and looked up. There was something longing in her eyes but she soon looked back down at her book that she could hardly read by the dim light from the flames.

The words began to flow through her mind.
'I will praise you in the storm.' The storm was now. But how could they trust that everything would be okay.
She looked over at Mikki who seemed way too optimistic for the situation they had found themselves in. She sang the words like they meant something to her like she wasn't just singing them but she was meaning them.

In the past few days Destiny had learned a little bit about the gang.

Mikki was always optimistic.
Jet was shy about saying what's on his mind.
Bella was hiding scars.
Hazel was scared of the unknown.
Jack...Jack was just a straight up flirt. But there was something mysterious about him. He too was hiding scars from his past. She could see it in his eyes.

She could see it in all their eyes. You could learn a lot about people by what their eyes say.

Jet and Jack may have the same eyes but their eyes have seen many different things. Jack's have seen pain. Jet's are seeing pain currently.

Destiny was quite perceptive. But she didn't know everything. There was a lot of mystery in these five. She couldn't help but feel like they were all here for a reason.

It would make us so happy if you would vote and comment what you think of each chapter so we can fix things in our second draft!! Thanks so much!!