Chapter 18: Destiny

Destiny's POV:
Song: Just be held

I stepped out of my truck and looked around. The sun was already going down due to the fact that it was still winter.

I held two flowers in my hand as I walked into the cemetery. It didn't take me long to find the two stones marked Joshua Kingston and Alexandria Miller.

My heart began to hurt. My two best friends were gone...

Do you know the feeling of having the best friends in the whole world right by your side? The feeling when you know you've found who you were meant to be friends with, the people who can make you smile no matter how hard you want to cry... The people who make you eat even when you don't want to because you're 'not hungry' or you 'don't feel good'. The friends who saved your life...

I had those friends. Had.
Then they were torn away from me in the cruelest way possible.

My world fell apart. It's impossible to understand if you've never been through the pain.

They were the only things keeping me happy. The amount of love I had for them was crazy. But I know they would've wanted me to move on and not dwell on the fact that I no longer had them.
I don't know how to, though...

The lyrics of a song Bella had sang on the island came to my mind.
"Your worlds not falling apart it's falling into place."

Everything was crashing down. I felt like I was losing my mind. I just had to remember that something good was bound to happen. Even if I no longer had my best friends, my family...

I knelt at Josh's grave.
"I love you." I said quickly as the tears poured from my eyes.
"I love you more than words can say and I don't know how I'm ever going to find someone that I love this much again. It was so hard to let you in and when I did I never wanted you to leave. Now that you're gone I don't know how I'm going to make it through the rest of my life. I miss you." I said quietly.

I stood and took a few steps to Alex's grave. "Alex... You were my sister, my bestie. You were the one I could always count on. You were the one that I told everything. Without you who am I supposed to talk to? Who's going to keep me on a straight path? Who's going to make me eat when I don't want to? I'm going to miss y'all so much. I can't handle this..."
With that, I cried.
I just sat there and let the tears fall freely.

People looked in my direction but I payed them no attention.
However I did see a familiar face in the distance kneeling at a grave.

I put a flower on each grave and I stood again, staring for a few more seconds before I began to walk away.

My red, tear stained eyes itched as the tears finally stopped falling.
I straightened my posture and looked to the sky.

I would get through this pain even if it took forever. Josh and Alex would want that.
                              ~*~
I sat alone at a table in Whataburger.
My eyes still itched with tears and my food sat in front of me, untouched.
This was our place, this was our table.
We would never sit here as a group of best friends again.
I was now sitting alone.

The bell on the door dinged showing that someone had entered the building.

I didn't bother looking up from my food until I heard the chair in front of me shift.

"Been awhile." I heard Hazel's voice say.
"Fancy meeting you here." I laughed.
She saw right through my fictitious smile.

"All I can say here Destiny is it will get better. Just not all at once. It may take years but you will be okay. I promise."

I looked into her eyes. She was sincere.
"Thank you." I said.

"I have to go." She looked down at my food in front of me.
"Eat." She said before walking away.

I felt a little better then I had. This was the start of a new beginning. Life was different now and I had to be okay with that. And I will be, just not all at once.

I looked down at my food and took the first bite of food I've had in three days.

Maybe, just maybe everything that has happened is the plan of someone greater then we can believe...
Everything, the crash, the new friends I made, losing my friends, maybe it was all supposed to happen.
Maybe there is a reason behind it.

After I finished my meal I left Whataburger and looked to the sky.
"Maybe." I said to myself as I let out a breath I had been holding far too long.