Chapter 6: Destiny

Chapter 6: Destiny.
Song: Fight song.

Destiny wandered into the woods after Bella. She could see the slight hurt in her eyes and she instantly knew why.
She had felt the pain herself.
The hardest kind of pain.

Not being able to love someone as much as you want to, for whatever reason that stands in the way.
Destiny wasn't exactly sure how Bella felt about Jack, but there was something sparking between them.

Granted they had only been 'friends' for a few days, there was obviously something.

"What's up Belle?" Destiny asked when she caught up with Bella.

"Nothing. I just wanted some shade." Bella lied, gesturing to the trees surrounding the girls.

"Sure you did..." Destiny said slightly sarcastically.

"I know how it feels, you know?" Destiny continued.
Bella nodded, giving up on her lie.

"Who was he?" Bella asked.

Destiny's eyes went dark. "His name was Josh... We fell for each other, but were kept apart. It was a sappy Romeo and Juliet situation. I am not aloud to date because of my culture. It's rather sad, but I'm used to it. Someday I will marry a man of my fathers choosing and I will be happy knowing I have done my part." Destiny explained.

"Done your part?" Bella was confused.

"It's what I am supposed to do with my life. I don't have a choice."

"Yes you do. You can be whoever you want to be. I understand that your culture says otherwise, but sometimes you have to step out and be who you want to be. I know it sounds cliché but it's true. Don't let other people hold you back." Bella explained to Destiny.

"You don't understand. I have to. But I don't care anymore, I can't be with Josh."

"Why not?"

Destiny's mind went into a time of flashback. Remembering all that had happened just days before.

Just as the plane went down Destiny got a last look at her friends sitting by her side. Josh and Alex.
Destiny's father was reluctant to let her go on this trip and it turns out his feelings were right.

Everything went black and before Destiny knew it the plane went down.
This was it. Life was over.

A gasp came from Destiny's mouth as she realized there were other survivors.
They worked together to save those who had made it. Six in total. Little did she know these other five people would become her closest friends.

Destiny came out of her flashback.
"Des. Are you alright."
"He died in the crash."

"What?"

"That's why I can't be with Josh. He died. Just like everyone else..."
Destiny took a step back as her eyes filled with tears. She began walking and didn't stop until she was gone from Bella and covered by the thick trees.

Destiny tripped over a small branch and fell. She sat up ignoring the pain in her ankle for the pain in her chest.
Tears flowed freely from her dark eyes as she leaned against a tree.

She thought about that day. How perfect it was before the crash.

Destiny walked into the airport with a smile on her face. Her father finally agreed to let her go to Paris.
As she checked her bag she noticed a small girl with black hair coming her way. "Destiny! You came!" Alex exclaimed. Destiny nodded at her small friend. "It took some convincing but I'm here." She smiled.
"I saw Josh around here somewhere. I think he's with the rest of the group from our school." Alex stated.