Chapter 14: Bella

-One month later-
Bella's POV:
Song: Gotta go my own way.

I sat on the swing and rocked back and forth. I was back in my own home town. After we got back everyone went their separate ways in desperate need of family.
That is exactly why I was here... On my parents doorstep.

Two years had been far too long.

I could tell the house was empty so I decided to sit and think of what I would say to my parents. Memories of the night I left flooded back.

I was standing with my youth group.
I was surrounded by the people who made me who I am. The people who made me happy. I had my best friend Casey by my side. His arm was on my shoulder. We were in a circle playing a game. To my left stood Andy a green haired girl with a lip piercing. She may seem weird at first glance but she was an amazing poet and had a beautiful personality.

Across from me stood Asher, he was the ragey football player of our group. Everyone has one right?

As we played the game my youth pastor called us all to go sit down in our regular Wednesday night circle.
My knee was wrapped from my recent injury. The injury that cost me my potential career. I wasn't happy about that. Why would God let that happen to me. Pastor Mason talked about using what we thought were our weaknesses and making them our strengths. And the he talked to us about how sometimes we see things one way but they are going to turn out entirely different according to God's plan.
I knew he was talking about my knee and suddenly I started getting mad.

"Look, I know I've let you all down. I know I'm supposed to be this star athlete. You don't have to plan your sermon around trying to make me feel better for failing!"
Everyone looked at me, the quiet girl in complete shock.
I stood up and walked away.
It was the worst decision I had ever made.

I remembered that night as I sat on the swing. I graduated soon after that so I never went back to that group. I still talked to Casey. He was my best friend. But we somehow grew apart over the last couple of years. It was time to change that now. I left feeling like a failure. I thought that people would never get over the fact that I had lost it all. But in reality what had I lost? A scholarship? Was that really more important then family, then friendship? That's why I'm here today. To make amends, because it's time.

"Hey!" I heard a voice come from behind me and I whipped my head around. "Bella?!?" My father stood in shock.
"Bella, baby I heard about the crash are you okay?! I've tried to call the school to get me in touch with you but I couldn't get any information. I've missed you so much." My mom cried.
I just sat, silent.
"You're back..." My father said.

Suddenly I was engulfed in a hug from my father, "I'm home." I whispered.
"Why did you leave?" He asked.

"I failed." I confessed. "You may have failed that race baby but you didn't under any circumstances fail me. I know I didn't handle that moment well at all. If anything I failed you." My father explained.

Moments later I heard a voice a small familiar voice.
"Daddy? What's going on."
"Matty!" I exclaimed.
"Isabella!" My baby brother yelled and hugged me tightly.
Lucy stood behind him.

I stood and hugged my step- sister. "Hey sis." I said. She smiled as a tear fell down her cheek. "Hey sis." She replied.
I was back with my family.

The next step was Casey. I messed up bad with him. But I knew him and he once told me her would never give up on me no matter what I did and I trusted him on that.

I trusted that it would be okay.

My family and I sat in the living room as I recounted the story from a month ago. I told them about Jet, Hazel, Destiny, Mikki, and Jack. I told them about how we had become the best of friends. I told them about the jokes we shared, the deep moments, the injuries, and the songs. It seemed like I had talked for hours when the door bell rang. My dads eyes widened.
I was confused. I slowly went to open the door and was surprised at who I found behind it.

Casey. Immediately his arms were around me in a tight hug. "Bella!" He shouted. "I was so worried when I found out about the crash. I can't believe you didn't come back right away. I missed you so much." Casey gushed.

I  just stood with tears in my eyes.
"I'm sorry." I told him.
Casey looked at me. "You're fine. Bella you didn't do anything wrong. Promise me you won't leave again though. I can't lose you."

"I promise I won't leave if you promise you won't find a better best friend."

"I could never." Casey replied. "They don't exist."