Chapter 17: Jack

Jack's POV:
Song: I see the light.

I hate breakups more than most things in this world. If I have to break up with a girl for whatever reason I'm typically relieved after but I hate the act of doing it.

I saw her hair before I saw her face. Her long black hair was the reason I dated her in the first place. Yeah, I know, that's a stupid reason.

I know now that physical appearance doesn't matter. What matters is in someone's heart and what they believe.

Serina glared at me as I walked up. "So why haven't you talked to me in the past month?" "Ummmmm because I was stuck on an island?" "Well that's a lame excuse. I've decided I don't like you anymore." "Well okay then. I was planning on doing that anyway." I wasn't quite sure how to react. This girl confused me and I'm not sure what I ever saw in her in the first place.

We stood there for a moment in awkward silence and I tried to think of something intelligent to say. "So.... Uh..... Well if we are done here I'm going to go meet up with Bella." As I said this Serina pouted, flipped her hair, and walked out of the coffee shop.

That was easier than I thought it would be. Typically there's more crying and heartbreak and a frantic cry of "please don't leave me!" as I walk away.

But I have Bella now, and she's all I could ever wish for. I may be considered a Beast at times but that just means that Bella is my Beauty.

               ~*~

Trying to find a college after being stranded on an island for a month, wasn't as difficult as trying to find a college when you blend in to every single other high school student in America.

We were only in the media's eye for about a week. Then Zac Efron got mysteriously assassinated and nobody really seemed to care about our situation anymore.

But just that week was enough to guarantee me enough famousness to get me into pretty good colleges.

Pace University seems to be the best option for me although I don't really know anything about it. I just know that in one of our late night conversations Bella mentioned that she would've gone to Pace if she hadn't gotten into NYU.

               ~*~

Bella and I go for our daily run. 4 o'clock everyday. "So are you thinking about joining track this year?" "I'm thinking about it yeah." "I don't think the nickname Runner would make much sense if you didn't run so I say go for it." 

I thought this over in my head as we ran. Anytime I do something it has to be for a reason, have a purpose, or it's meaningless.

"You're my new meaning for running track. I realize that statement won't make any sense to you but it makes perfect sense to me." "I don't understand but maybe sometimes I don't need to understand."

After a few minutes of running in silence I speak the first words that pop into my head. "You are my new dream." "And you are mine."