Chapter 16: Hazel

Hazel's POV:
Song: Barefoot Cinderella.

It had been three years.
Three long years since the day David died.

I sat at my baby brothers grave with flowers in my hand.
"Man, you woulda loved to hear about everything I just went through. If only I could tell you. If only you were still here bro. A lot has happened lately David... Gosh I miss you." Tears fell from my eyes.

I looked up and across the cemetery I saw a familiar face. Destiny was kneeling at a grave.
I watched as she put down two flowers next to each other.

I didn't want to bother her so I looked back down at David's tiny baby stone.
I had come almost everyday since I got home.

Sometimes Daniella would come with me but most of the time I just went by myself. At three and a half you don't really understand the fact that you lost your twin.

I laid the yellow flowers on my baby brothers grave as a few more tears leaked out of my brown eyes.

Standing up, I walked slowly away not looking back in fear that I wouldn't be able to leave.
~*~
I sat on the swing on my front porch with a rose in my hand.
I smiled at it knowing it had come from Jet. He had left it on my porch with a letter telling me to meet him by the lake at in an hour.
I should be getting ready but instead I was day dreaming about what would happen.

Moon light picnic? Star gazing?
It could be anything.

Finally standing up I went inside and up to my room that still say in my parents house. My makeup was all spread out on my desk and my closet door sat open.

Step one clothes.
I quickly swiped through my small closet looking for a specific dress.
Finally, I found it.

I pulled out the black strapless dress. It came a couple of inches above my knee. The skirt was covered in lace and it had a dark blue belt.

I quickly did my make up and straightened my dark hair.

My mom entered with Dani. "Woah! You look amazing. What are the plans for tonight?" She had a mischievous glint in her eyes but I couldn't figure out the reason.

"Not sure yet. Meeting him by the lake in a few minutes."

My mom smiled and Dani ran into my arms. "Hey baby girl."
She giggled.

"Well I should get going." I said as I picked up my sandals.

My mom looked at me. "Bye." She said quietly and hugged me.
It was weird but I didn't read in to it too much.

Ten minutes later I arrived at the lake.
Jet was standing on the pier looking at the water.

I quietly walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him.
"Hey pilot." I whispered into his ear.
"Hey Hazelnut." He laughed.
"So what are our plans?" I asked.

"Look out there. Look the moon. Now look at the second star to the right of it." I wasn't sure where he was going with this. I expected that moments later he would take my hand and fly me to Neverland but I played along.

"Yeah Peter Pan what's your point?"
"That stars name is Hazel." He said.

He knew how much I loved the stars.
"You got a star named after me?" I asked, my eyes shining.
"Yes."

I hugged him tightly.
"One more thing." He said.
"I know this is quick but..."

Jet got down on his left knee on the pier. "Hazel Cloud." He said boldly.
"Yes." I said. Not as a question I said it as an answer.
"I haven't asked it yet."
"Sorry."
"Will you..." Jet started.
"Yes."
"Not yet."
"Sorry."
Jet laughed.
"We'll get on with it." I said.
"Will you marry me?"
"Yes."