Chapter 27

Rider's pov

I wake up from my nightmare drenched in sweat.

I move over to the door and stare at it for a few minutes, wondering how I'm going to get out of here.

I turn my back to the door and put my cuffed hands on the knob, turning it as quietly as I can.

I tiptoe through Anakin's room, hoping that he won't wake up.

I do the same thing to the next door, and find Obi-Wan asleep in his bed. As I sneak past him my heart beats faster, terrified that he might wake up to see me.

Once I open the last door, I walk through the halls towards Kellan's room as quick as I can, hoping that no one else is wandering around at this late hour.

I reach his door and stare at it for a few seconds.

"Kellan?" I ask a little hesitantly, unsure if he will be able to hear me.

"Come in, Rider," he says after a few seconds of silence.

"I can't," I say after staring at the door some more, unsure of how to get in since it doesn't have a knob like the other ones.

A few seconds later he opens the door for me and I walk inside with my head lowered, ashamed that I am in cuffs again after he took his time to convince Obi-Wan to take them off.

"Rider, why are you in cuffs again?" He asks in a worried tone as he sits on his bed, waving me over to sit beside him.

As I lean up against him, I whisper, "Obi-Wan thinks that he can't trust me since I left with Zeba. He was so close to turning me over to The Council because of it. Kellan, I was so scared. I still am."

He lays down, causing me to do the same. I put my head on his chest, just like I did when I was much younger.

He stays silent for a long time, making me think that he isn't going to say anything.

"Kellan, there is something that I need to talk to you about," I say quietly after some more silence.

"What is it, Rider?" He asks after a few seconds of hesitation, sounding a little worried.

"Promise me you won't repeat what I am about to say, no matter how bad it is?" I ask, needing to know that he won't be spreading around that I am thinking of joining the dark side. I doubt that he would, but these days it's getting harder and harder to trust people to not hurt me.

"I promise," he says in a firm voice, making me believe him.

"The past two nights I have been having visions. In the visions, Anakin was killed by a Sith who then made me his apprentice," I whisper while closing my eyes tight, begining to feel sick.

He doesn't say anything for a few minutes.

Feeling my panic increase, I say, "Kellan, I need your help. I'm so worried that these visions might become real. Anakin means so much to me! I can't lose him! I don't know what to do anymore. Tell me what I should do."

Then, dropping my voice to just above a whisper, I say, "I thought about this for such a long time and the only solution I can see is if I pledge myself to the Sith before he can kill Anakin. Tell me that there is another option. I have spent so long fighting the dark side. After all the pain I have gone through to avoid the dark side, I don't want to give in. Please, Kellan, I need your help, you're the only person I trust enough to tell this to."

He stays silent.

After a few minutes of only silence, it becomes too much for me, causing me to start crying. One minute I was living an amazing life with Anakin, and now I am contemplating joining the dark side. One minute I felt so safe, and now every second I live in fear that Obi-Wan or another Jedi is going to turn me over to The Council. Why is everything around me falling apart? Can't something just go right for once?