Music (Peter Quill)

You stood up at the control console for the tape deck in the Milano. Peter sat at the captain's chair lazily poking at the controls and letting autopilot take over. You grinned wickedly and hit play.

HUKKA CHAKKA HUKKA HUKKA HUKKA CHAKKA HUKKA CHAKKA HUKKA HUKKA HUKKA CHAKKA

The deep bass voices blasted through the sound system. Everyone but you jumped as the music pounded. Peter swiveled around to look at you with a wide grin. He sprung out of the chair and slid over to you. You began chugging your shoulders to the beat and Quill mimicked you. He began to sing the lyrics at you as you continued to dance. He spun you around, and you both jumped and sang "I'M HOOKED ON A FEELING!"

Gamora was the first to reach the pilot deck. Her face was covered in an expression of confusion as she watched you both jump and dance around. You snatched her hand and pulled her in.

"Dance with us, Gamora!"

"I-I-I! What? How do I...?"

"Just feel it!" She hesitantly started to move her hips and arms. Drax and Groot stumbled in. Groot moved to the corner and began gently swaying his huge form to the beat. Drax was more confused. You pulled him in too. And had him copy some of your movements.

"YEAH! WOO!" you yelled as everyone began to get into it. Finally, Rocket make it to the deck and looked in disgust at everyone.

"Come on, Rocket!" Peter yelled at him over the music.

"No way, freaks! I don't have time for this." You snuck up behind him and grabbed him. Lifting him up in your arms, you began to spin and sway, "AAAA WHAT THE HELL! PUT ME DOWN!"

"Not till you have some fun, Rocket!"

"I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU CRAZY HUMANS. UGH. FINE. PUT ME DOWN." You laughed as he scrambled out of your arms when you lowered them down.

You danced back to Peter who was doing the worst running man ever. You grabbed his hands and you began dancing together. He spun you in and out. You hit a rhythm and salsa moves began taking over the dance. He was keeping up fantastically. His hands knew exactly where to push and pull. Even when one of you screwed up, the recovery was brilliant. He did a couple lifts too; his strong arms feeling reassuring, holding you tight.

You could see out of the corner of your eye that the others had stopped to watch you two. And you blushed, but couldn't bring yourself to stop. Quill spun you sharply out and pulled you into a dip right as the music began to fade out. His grin was crazy and you were guessing yours was too. You threw your head back and laughed. The others clapped a little at the final pose and Quill drew you brought you up out of the dip.

The next song began to play with its intense guitar riffs. You reached up to kiss Peter on the cheek as a thank you. Of course, being the scoundrel he was, he turned his head and planted his lips firmly on yours. He was good. Very good. He knew exactly how to move. If you hadn't already been panting from dancing you would've been by the time he pulled away. His grin was more scandalous then ever! You smacked him across the back of the head and jumped out of his reach air guitar-ing all the way.

If there was one thing that could be said about Peter Quill it was that he had a great taste in music.

~~~
All rights go to:
bookwormchick on DeviantArt