Fascination (Bucky Barnes)

Requested by @-namjoonaf

Thank you for requesting and I hope you like this sweet Bucky one shot! x 

and guise,,,

THIS BOOK IS GROWING SO FAST IM-

~~~

Bucky had a problem. A fascination. A need. He loved watching you. He liked the way your hair fell across your face, the colour of your eyes, the shape of your lips, everything.

Although he noticed all your tiny details, you hardly knew him because you just didn't speak to him. He tried to make conversation with you but always failed. Being Avengers, you both lived in Stark Tower but he couldn't gather the confidence to speak to you, so he just stuck to staring at you.

You were sat with the team of heroes, chatting away. You were watching Youtube videos with Pietro, with Steve glancing at the screen every so often. Bucky sat opposite you, across the room. He envied the attention you gave Pietro, giggling at his jokes and lightly touching his shoulder.

He watched the way you smiled and how your eyes sparkled with happiness. He wanted that reaction from you. You looked up for a moment, your eyes meeting his. Your gaze lingered for a while but eventually was torn apart by Pietro's new joke.

The next morning, you were in the kitchen, cooking breakfast for yourself. It was 9 o'clock and the rest of the team were in bed, so you decided to eat without them. Bucky had also woken, so he entered the kitchen on the hunt for food.

You were singing to the radio, swaying your hips to the beat when he walked in. He stood there, watching you. Your back was facing him, so you didn't notice him. He cleared his throat, surprising you. You whipped around in shock.

"Oh! You scared me! Good morning", you greeted, smiling slightly.

"Um, sorry", he mumbled, a burning sensation rising in his cheeks. He scurried back to his room, angry with himself for not speaking properly to you. He contemplated returning to the kitchen to speak to you but stopped himself. He'd already embarrassed himself in front of you, and didn't want it to happen again.

That day seemed to get worse for the both of you. The thought of this morning replayed in Bucky's head, never leaving him. You couldn't shake Bucky's strange behaviour out of your mind. You wondered for hours if he liked you. You thought of all the times you caught his eyes wandering over you and the way he couldn't speak to you.

As Bucky went to get a glass of water, he saw you washing the dishes from dinner. He crumbled internally, wishing that he never entered. You heard his footsteps again the smooth tiles and turned to face it. You looked at him and simpered, to which to returned a soft smile.

He approached you, and your eyes couldn't help but wander over his body, each muscle toned and strong. He reached over you to the glass cupboard. The plate in your hands slipped from your hands, dropping onto the floor and smashing into tiny pieces. Flustered, you bent down to pick the shards. He joined you, crouching down.

"Let me help you", he offered.

"No, it's fine, really", you objected.

"I insist", he said, continuing to pick up the small pieces from the floor.

You looked up at him, your face twisted with confusion. You felt angry, and muddled. He stared at you whenever you were near and you needed to know why.

"Why do you always watch me when I'm near you?" you questioned.

He looked up, with eyes full of shock. He stuttered, looking for words to express his feelings, but couldn't. Every emotion in his mind was drawing him to you, but he couldn't tell how he felt about you. Was it love? He had a need to protect you, to care for you, to receive attention from you.

Bucky became closer to you, his face soon inches from yours. You trusted him being so close to you. His lips slowly touched yours gently, slowly kissing you. You suddenly began to return the kiss, dropping the ceramic pieces.

Bucky's emotions finally pieced together. His mind no longer felt cloudy, it felt clear and he realised, he loved you. You had broken the curse. He felt happy again. Confidence overcame him. You made him forget about his past, bringing back his old self.

You broke the kiss, smiling up at him. Bucky passed you the fragments and turned his back to leave.

Before he left, he turned and leant against the doorframe.

"How about a date? Next Thursday?" He smirked.

"Sure, why not?" you giggled.

~~~

All rights go to:

AnnaKatee on DeviantArt