Chapter 5

How hair sorta looks like after change. Too much???

After scrubbing my hand raw and refreshing my makeup, I walked around in a circle with my family making small talk as Prince Douchebag walked the opposite way with his parents. At one point, we met in the middle and the couple that was there began to ask questions I was not prepared for.

"So when did you two meet?"

"That is none of your business. But if you really wants know, I just met his ass today!" I wanted to say. Shocker? Yeah I know. If you are wondering "How is that even possible? Hasn't she gone to Lamia since they have helped each other? Don't princesses travel the world and do stuff?" Well I'll answer it for you. Yes, I have traveled to Lamia before -a beautiful country I might add- and yes I do travel the world ever so often for Princesses duties. But I have never seen Mr. Im a Prince and I can do anything I want before. Every time I went, he was either traveling himself, or he would always be somewhere else in the far corners of the castle, enjoying the company of his "lady friends." I would always take my meals in my room, so I never saw his ugly face -besides on the tabloids of all the drama he has caused- and ruin my appetite. So yes. This was the first time meeting him.

"Oh we have known each other for a couple of years," Ian lied smoothly. "You know, behind the cameras. We wanted to keep our relationship a secret but after I proposed to her, we knew that couldn't be kept secret. So we decided to make it official today, in celebration of her birthday."

"So all those stories about you having-"

"All a ruse to keep our relationship in bay. Oh trust me when I say I had a hard time keeping it a secret," he chuckled and kissed my knuckles. I could feel the bile rising up my throat, but I quickly swallowed it and smiled. Oh that was gross!!

"Oh! Where's your engagement ring?" the woman gasped and I calmed her down.

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I lost it today. You see, it has been in Prince Ian's family for generations so it's very priceless. My finger does feel naked today, but I feel confident knowing its safe in the vault."

They both smiled and I saw my moms slight nod of approval before we excused ourselves and continued on with our ways.

Two hours and a sore throat later, I glanced in confusion as Arlene waltzed to me with my mother trailing besides her. I rolled my eyes at her usual ensemble -a crisp pencil skirt with matching top- and raised an eyebrow as she smiled. "Time for your change."

"What? But I like my dress!"

"Don't worry. You'll still be wearing the same one, but I just have to make a few adjustments." Huh? She laughed at my confused face and then grabbed my arm. "Come on. Let's go."

"Why are you here?" I asked, looking at my mother. She sighed and patted my other hand before stepping back.

"I am here to help out. You need an escort back and for sure Ian won't do it."

"What about dad?"

"He's busy speaking with your guests. Now let's go."

I sighed but nodded and followed them to a room close to the one we were at. Once Arlene closed the door behind us, she squealed and pursed her lips. "Now let's take off some layers...."

Ten minutes later, a bunch of squealing from me and a small chuckle from my mom, I was changed into another dress. This one hugged my body heavenly. It looked almost exactly the same as my gown, but without the diamonds and the poof. The only alterations on this was that it had a one shoulder strap and a plunging floor length slit from my hip. I complained that they would be able to see my underwear if I moved, but she quickly adjusted the line so it draped a little lower while still having the long cut.

My hair was not up anymore. Instead, she let it loose and only picked up a few curls, keeping the diamonds but moving them more at the top. She removed my tiara and instead gave me the tiaras matching necklace and bracelet.

"Wow. You really have outdone yourself," I murmured as she stood a few feet back, admiring her own work. She huffed and then cracked a smile.

"Yeah. I know. Kills me to ruin one of my creations but you need something new while still wearing the old. Not bad huh?"

"I'll say," my mother whispered as she eyed my slit. I rolled my eyes and adjusted my hair before giggling and walking to the door.

"Come on. It's my party and people are waiting. Now the fun can really begin!"

Arlene stayed behind as my mother walked back with me. As soon as we both stepped inside, all eyes were on us. Some people gasped at my new appearance and others just smiled and continued on with their business. When we got back to where all the Royals were, all the adults turned, but Mr. Douche Bag kept his back to me.

"Wow Charlotte. You look amazing!" Queen Vivian gasped and I smiled.

"Thank you. It's the same dress as before. Arlene just did some alterations."

"Really? I would have never guessed. Arlene you said? I have to talk to her and see if she could design me something."

"She has a personal connection to Charlotte....." I drowned out what my mother started to say and focused on one back. I saw him stiffen and slowly turn around, only to freeze and have his eyes run up and down slowly.

I smirked as he stared at me, his mouth slightly open and when he caught my eyes, my smirk only got bigger. He immediately straightened out and put on the fake smile so everyone could see.

"Wow. Is there a slut convention you are attending right now?" he said through his lips. I gasped and looked around, seeing our parents too busy in conversation to even listen to us.

"For your information, I happen to love this dress. I-"

"Yeah. Like all the other dresses you have in your closet," he sneered and laughed. He ran a hand through his hair and took a drink out of his cup. He winked but then gulped and moved even closer to me, his face inches from mine. I froze and almost punched him in the face when his lips softly grazed my neck and he whispered, "People are watching loser. Play along."

Oh I'll play along all right.

I giggled, shied away from him and laughed even more when he snaked an arm around my waist. When he buried his face in the crook of my neck, I winced and faked a smile as we swayed back and forth. People 'awwed' and I turned my back to them, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"This is me choking the life out of you," I whispered as I looked him straight in the eyes.

"Would love for you to do it. Then I wouldn't have to be here." He smiled and started to lean forward. I quickly turned my head and that earned him a couple of laughs and snickers and he growled.

"Don't make me look bad you snob."

"Aww. Is the baby sad!" I pouted as I touched his nose with my index finger. He scrunched it a couple of times and I pulled away from our "romantic" embrace and walked away. Once I was out of sight and in the middle of the crowds, I shuddered slightly and rubbed my arms.

Oh what kind of mess did I get myself into?