Chapter 12

As soon as the limo stopped in front of the Royal Church, my head began to pound. What a bad timing migraine!! I could hear the crowd roaring behind the gates and the flashing of the cameras didn't stop, even though the door was still closed.

I silently watched as my parents posed for a few photos, then waved and walked inside the heavy wooden doors. Ian's parents did the same and then everything went still. For the next few minutes, I watched as the Royal Guards marched to stand in two lines in front of the door. My heart began to pound rapidly, knowing that as soon as the door opened, I was to step out and they were to release their swords so I could walk under them.

Take a deep breath.... Just breathe..... The migraine was still there as the driver slowly opened the door, but I set it aside as the flashes went into a frenzy once it was completely open. The highest ranking guard pulled out his hand robotically and after a deep breath, I took it and stepped out.

The small smile that was on my face seemed to be enough to make the whole crowd roar in tune with the flashes that merely blinded me. I took a ten second pause, waved to the people and then turned back around as little girls I had no idea who they were crowded behind me and held the train.

Oh god I can't believe I'm actually going to do this!

As I stepped into the small room before the actual part, I saw a bunch of people running around and the noise level was so big, my migraine made its appearance once more. I clutched my head and groaned as I tried to drown everything out. I didn't notice someone was calling me until I felt someone touch my bare shoulder.

"Princess Charlotte. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just a migraine. Are we almost ready?"

"Yes. Just some small minor seat changes and then we can continue. Do you wish for a glass of water? You look pale."

"No thank you. I'm fine. Can we please hurry it along though? This was suppose to be arranged before I even arrived."

"Apologies. Right away Princess," he murmured and sped away as I stood there unannounced. On regular weddings, tradition is that the eldest man of the brides family shall take her down the aisle. My father is the only man in my family, but since this is a Royal wedding, I was to walk down the aisle by myself.

No pressure right?

"We all ready?" A voice boomed and everyone nodded. They all looked at me, I nodded weakly and then the double doors finally opened. All eyes were immediately on me as I stood there, veil covering my face, flowers held perfectly in the middle and a small, but shy smile on my face. As I slowly walked down the white aisle to the organ, I heard people murmuring and the blush that appeared on my face couldn't be stopped.

Of course I would be known as the blushing bride.

Playing the part, I looked over at Ian and gave him a big smile as I saw him standing there in his black and gold uniform. From the corner of my eye, I saw many people turn to see how he would respond and he didn't fail them.

He returned my smile and he even straightened up a bit before keeping that smile on his face. The crowd awwed and I had to force myself to not roll my eyes. When I was close enough to the altar, I slightly bowed and took Ian's outstretched hand. I felt him shudder and I looked away slightly as the High Priest began the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved. We are gathered together here in the sight of God, his Kings and Queens, and in the face of his company, to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony."

My palms were beginning to sweat. My vision started to blur and my legs started to shake as he continued. Oh god I should have eaten when I had the chance. Why did I have to be so stubborn sometimes!?!!