Chapter 8

I didn't even bother staying so the contract could be written, proofed, dried and signed. If they wanted me to sign something, they knew where to find me.

And find me they did a few hours later. Everyone that was present at the so called meeting piled in into my room, interrupting Arlene as she used me as her model. The frown in my face got bigger when they entered without knocking, but inside I was smiling like a lunatic. No more having to stand like a statue and get poked every five seconds!! Yay!

"We'll finish this later Arlene. I have important things to finish." She rolled her eyes and walked away with a huff as I walked into the closet to get rid of the dress. I came back out with some jean shorts and a white tank top while I pulled up my hair in a lazy ponytail. "Do I need my people in here with me?" I joked but no one laughed.

Tough crowd.....

"Where do I sign?" My dad silently pointed to the spot right next to Ian's signature and I slowly signed it. My mom clapped in excitement for a second, making her look like a normal person instead of a Queen. But my little moment of normal hood left as fast as it arrived and she straightened out before I could even get a good memory.

"Vivian we have too much to plan! Let's get our event coordinators together and see what....." her voice trailed off as the Kings followed behind silently. Ian stood to the side, looking at me while he stroked his chin and I rolled my eyes.

"Trying to find another spot to bruise?" I snapped and he rolled his eyes. He walked out without a word and I sighed, plopping down on the nearest chair. "Oh man...."

"Get your ass in this dress instead. If I'm going to design your wedding dress in less than six days, I need all the time I can get," Arlene demanded as she threw me a white see-thru garment. I groaned, stripped right in front of her and pulled it over my head.

Yay.... More poking....

*

*

*

"I can't do it. I won't present that trash I have right now in the mannequin. If the dress I am going to show the whole world is meant for a future Queen, then it better be the best damn dress there is. So I need one more week," Arlene argued with my parents. I myself didn't care. I would wear my pajamas down the aisle if I could and I wanted to, but of course the Queen wouldn't let me. Stupid traditions....

"Works with us. The flowers we want will take longer than we planned to get here so we need all the time we can get as well."

"Hey! What about our agreement! I want this done as soon as possible and I won't be late by a week!" I argued as Arlene smiled and practically skipped away. She got what she wanted. Now it was my turn.

"Don't worry. You'll be married by the end of the week. It will be just a private ceremony with the six of us. The actual wedding won't happen until a week and a half from now."

"So I'm still getting married in three days."

"Yes. And if I'm just reading your words wrong, it seems like you are excited for this marriage to happen."

I gasped and snorted. "Yeah right. If I'm excited it's because it's just one day less I have to endure this torture and just get it over with. Now, where are we doing this shit?"

"Watch your language young lady! That's no way a princess or a future Queen must talk!" I rolled my eyes and motioned with my hand for her to answer my question. She narrowed her eyes at me but answered it anyways. "The private one will happen here. The actual one will happen in Lamia since you will be staying there for the duration of your marriage."