Ready for Love

It was 9' o clock and the mid- July weather was perfect. The sky a deep purplish- blue, Prod and you sat in his backyard on lawn chairs around a bonfire roasting marshmallows ; making smores, simply enjoying being in each others company.

"So . . -" Prod asked shoving 3 marshmallows down on his stick, putting it over the bright, fiery blue tipped flames. "What 's going on . . Between us.." He asked blatantly, starring.

"What do you mean?" You ask biting into the sticky gooey- oasis on a stick. Knowing exactly what he was referring to

"Us, what are we. I mean, the make out sessions, the endless phone conversations, spending as much time together as possible, staying over each others house.  What does it all add up to," He said not breaking his glare off you. You suspected a hint of scrutiny, yet calmness in his face.

"I - I don't know" You sputtered "I mean  . . I want to be with you . I just".

"What Y/N. What is it  that could possibly hinder you from  being with me." He said, a twinge of desperation in his voice. "I mean all of this, it's meaningless if we can't be together. I don't just want to be friends anymore. I'm ready"

"Prod . . I'm ready to but . . I don't know if I can give my heart to anyone again. The last time I did, I ended up heartbroken and alone. I don't want to go through that pain again. I just can't." You finally looked up from the ground, your eye's locking right on to his.

"Y/N. Why would you ever think I would break your heart." He asked moving to sit on the bottom of your lawn chair. "I would have never even proposed being in a relationship, if I wasn't  committed to you "

"I just, don't have the time or the heart to go through a heartbreak again."

He reached his thumb  up and placed it underneath your chin, his palm and fingers at the nape of your neck. He pulled you close gently and, placed his soft warm lips on top of yours; tingles ran down your spine and your stomach flittered with excitement. After finally releasing you of the breathtaking kiss. He just looked at you, with your hands in his.

"I'm ready Y/N." He said pecking you again. 

You scooted to one side of the chair , motioning for Prod to sit next to you. You laid your head on his chest, hearing the low murmur of his heart beat , his chest warm and inviting. He took your hands into his, kissing your finger tips.

"I'm ready too." You said curling deeper into his chest.