Chapter 32

Chapter 32

                We walked into the room, timid at first, we were unsure of what exactly what was going to happen. Luckily when the door clicked closed behind us; our eyes had fallen on a stunning town. It was precisely what we asked for. The buildings were small and soft, they were like shops of an old England town. People, or at least what this world made us think were people, were walking quietly and happily. Just around the horizon I could make out the clear blue of what we described on the file. It was everything we made, right down to the cool summer breeze feel.

                “It’s kind of creepy...” Jesse mumbled as he made his way to the closest shop. “I mean look, there’s everything in here!”

                He was right; inside the window we noticed the clean pearly tables of the café and the elegant waitress at the counter.

                “See what I mean? I didn’t ask for that, I didn’t get you to type it down, but I definitely thought of it!” He frantically said.

                “What? Were you thinking of the tables or the girl?” I arched an eyebrow.

                Jesse gave me a look before shaking his head and gazing at ‘this world’. “I’m serious Lucia, it’s all just unnatural.”

                “Then we can leave. It’s no big deal...”

                He whipped his head around. “No, let’s just stay here...I mean what else is there to do?”

                I scoffed a laugh. “Fine.”

                We took a stroll through the rest of the town, finding so many more coffee shops, and clothing stores. There were a couple gelato bars, and even parks. It was all of the wonders of each famous city all around the world. It didn’t make sense, but it was a whole lot better than what reality gave us.

                “Do you want something to drink?” I asked looking up at a soda shop sign.

                He shrugged. “Why not,”

                When we entered the shop, the bell above us chimed as I could feel the bubbly atmosphere. Everyone in there was either laughing or smiling till it seemed like their faces would crack. I didn’t pay much attention to the people though, because there in front of us was the lovely drink fountain. It was a tower, at least six feet tall that stood in the center of the room. Around it were nozzles, each labelled a different flavour. Excitedly I took a tall glass and filled it with four flavours. I smiled at Jesse only to notice that he too was long gone filling his glass.

                I took a seat closest to the window only to be surprised by a thin blond haired lady who stood by. “I’m sorry,” I swallowed. “I didn’t pay.”