Chapter 37

Chapter 37

            "Get up," A voice above me yelled

                I looked up, afraid of what I would see. There in front of me, with a clean cut suite, a smug look, and evil eyes, was Lucifer.

                “Get. Up.” He boomed.

                I stayed down. I was tired, sore, and frankly I didn’t want to face him.

                “I SAID GET UP!” His voice filled around me with a cold piercing air. I felt my arms being practically pulled out of their sockets as I was being lifted. His hands though were behind his back as his eyes watched me stand. “I hope your tantrum has stopped...”

                Staying silent I was placed gently straight up, my eyes were directly on his face.

                “Yes?”

                I didn’t say anything; instead I looked violently at him.

                “Dear hell, Lucia, I don’t understand why you are so upset!”

                Angry, I opened my clenched fist,  palms facing him, but my arms were solid at my sides. Something in me was raging, and for some reason as soon as I brought my hands together, arms extended and fingers just inches from Lucifer’s neck, the small New York shops collided into each other, and Lucifer was in the middle.

                My jaw dropped as I watched metal scrap concrete, and windows hitting skin. It didn’t take me long till I brought my feet into movement and began to run to the nearest door. As soon as I was able to reach a door, that was flat on the ground, I stood over the fallen frame and grasp my hands around the knob. I suddenly heard Lucifer roar, his voice just reaching my ear as a whisper. Without thought I pulled the door open, and jumped through the ground.

                When my feet landed on the marble floor of Hell, I gazed up to find Neil, his face bloody, his eyes filled with fear.

                “Neil...” I mumbled reaching for him.

                He shook his head. “Find your mother, and your friend. Get to them before he does...get to them, while you can.”

                My hands grazed his face, “I’m so sorry...”

                He shook his head. “You’re practically mine too you know?”

                I let out a laugh, a sorrow filled yet genuine laugh. “Yah, if only his blood wasn’t mixed in with yours.  I’d take you as my great grandpa any day over him.”

                “It was nice meeting you,” Neil chuckled.