Chapter 35

I stared in bewilderment. My body was going numb and my mind blank. I didn't know what to do or say...
                “Now please Lucia, go and change I assume dinner will be ready in a few minutes..." He said as if the nothing was said before hand. His voice however did not quite conceal the under tone of victory.
                I simply nodded before leaving his office. In my room I felt cold and alone. Jesse wasn't there, and that only made my anxiety so much worse. There was a sudden chill that ran through me, almost like the feeling of defeat, or hopelessness. But I knew I couldn't give in to that feeling quite yet. And at the least I hope I would never have to.
                Taking in a breath I tried to regain my nerves. My mother was here and Jesse was out of my sight, and they were both in Lucifer's grasp. If this was a game he was playing, I couldn't let him win. I had to get the ball back in my court...     
                It wasn't long before I was finished a shower and all changed. However it took me all the courage that I had left within me to open the dining hall doors. Once I lifted my head up, I couldn’t help but notice Lucifer smirking so damn smugly. I flashed a sneer, unable to comprehend his mellow state.

                “Please, my dear, sit down.” He said flicking his hand towards a chair across from him.

               Reluctantly I pulled the chair out and sat down. My eyes glanced over at Neil quietly standing in the corner. My eyes caught his as he mouthed something. I arched an eyebrow.

                    “Lucia, I hope pot roast is okay for tonight.” Lucifer stated.

                I looked up, away from Neil and simply nodded. However as soon as Lucifer turned his attention to the glasses and cutlery, I glanced back at Neil.

                He’s not doing well. He lipped.

                My heart stopped as I flashed my eyes towards Lucifer. Neil slightly shook his head. Slowly I brought my finger towards my chest, as if I was only scratching my neck. Neil shook his head once more. I gave him a quizzical look as he left the room.

                I didn’t understand, if it wasn’t Lucifer, and if it wasn't me…why was Jesse so sick?! Was it because…

                Suddenly without Neil had already placed a plate fill with food in front of me. I simply stared at the plate, my fingers reluctant to touch the food.

                “Lucia, is something unpleasant on your plate?” Lucifer asked.

                Everything…

                I shook my head.

                “Well then, I’m sure hunger will get the best of you soon, but till then excuse me for I am quite famished. “

                   Slightly I nodded, I didn’t really give a damn whether he ate or not. What I did give a damn about was where Jesse was...where my mom was...and why I was here!

                “Lucifer?” I trembled.

                He carefully looked up. “Yes?”

                “Where is my mom?”

                With a slight chuckle he turned his attention back towards his plate.