Chapter 7

Chapter 7

                I barely got around 80 feet away from the library, when I felt a hand touch my arm. Stopping suddenly I turned to find Jesse.

                "Leave me alone..." I grumbled still feeling the burning sensation.

                His eyes searched into mine, "Are you alright?"

                "Do I look alright?!" I glared.

                "I'm sorry I just..."

                I yanked my arm out of his hand. "Just stop okay!"

                He took a step back in silence.

                "You're just making it worse!" I yelled.

                "Making what worse?"

                "...Me! You're making me worse!!! You're lucky that I ran away when I did!"

                I could feel the fear growing in him.

                "So just leave me alone!"

                "Wait, Lucia..." He whispered reaching for my hand.

                My hair began to flame as I felt anger fill me. "Leave me alone! Don't you get it! I don't want you around me! I don't want anything to do with you!"

                "Just calm d-"

                It was too late. My hands had found their way on his chest and before I knew it, his body had crashed against the stairs of the library. 

                And it felt good! I felt satisfied...He deserved it.

                Suddenly, the rush of fire was doused, and I found myself running towards home. But before turning the corner I took one last look back. I couldn't see Jesse where I last remember him standing. Instead he was lying against the stairs. Did I do that?

~*~

                "...Mom!" I called out as I burst through the door.

                I heard nothing as I felt a lump in my throat.

                "Mom..." I whimpered.

                Suddenly I heard running from upstairs. "What is it?" My mother cried.

                Grasping my hair I looked up at her.

                "Oh," She whispered. "What happened?"

                "I-I..."

                Shaking her head she helped me towards my room. I climbed underneath my covers. I've never been this dependent of my mom in a while. If anything I need her more.

                She stayed at the edge of my bed as she brushed my hair with her fingers. Slowly I could feel my head cool down and my breath grew less shallow. Before I knew it my eyes were closed and I was alone. Suddenly a sense of worry inside me emerged. A sense of suspicion....

                Quickly I sat up, my eyes landing on my mirror. At first it was only my reflection but soon the face on the glass began to morph. My head began to grow square and masculine. My hair was shortened, and my eyes were more prominent. 

                "Lucia..." My mouth opened revealing a strong raspy voice.

                I jumped back my head hitting the wall. The reflection didn't do a thing.

                "Lucia..."

                Carefully I lifted my legs hugging them close.

                "Lucia..." The face smiled.

                I opened my mouth wanting to say something, but reluctance took over and I shut my lips closed.

                "My, my...someone doesn't like playing this game!" The reflection laughed.

                Scrunching my face I stared at the mirror. 

                "Look, I'm not going to tease you any longer," The reflection chuckled. "Do you know who I am?"

                I shook my head.

                "Are you sure?"

                "Well...you uh..."

                He smiled in silence.

                "You're that voice..."

                "Oh  very clever!"

                My hair started to burn as I scotched as far away as I could from the mirror.

                "Oh look, there your hair goes again!" He laughed.

                "What do you want?!" I cried.

                Slowly his smile dropped as he lowered his head. I watched as he stepped closer, and i feared he would jump out. "Simple," He said with a coarse voice. "You..."