Chapter 3

Possible trigger warning for some. Just be aware :)

My next 4 periods went by pretty fast. I have lunch sixth, that time when I can sit in my little corner and listen to my music and escape the world. Even during lunch everyone taunts me, but nobody ever says anything to my face. I just try to block everyone's name calling and bullying with my loud music.

Today however was a little different. That guy just happens to have the same lunch as me.... Great. He sees me sitting in my little corner on the floor and walks over to me. My music was so loud that I couldn't hear him when he said "hey." After the failed attempt to start talking to me, he tapped me on the shoulder. I look up at him and remove my earbuds. "Hey," he said. Did this guy seriously just start talking to me?? Nobody ever talks to me. I'm the freak, the bitch, the slut. So why isn't he acting like everyone else? I answer him with a simple "hey".

"I'm Jayden. I'm new here. I saw you from across the cafeteria just sitting here on the floor alone. What's your name?"

I stand up and face him, leaning against the wall. "Alyssa," I said.

"Nice name. It's pretty."

"Oh, um thanks."

He just stands there for a minute, looking at me with gorgeous blue eyes. I can't deny the fact that he's hot. Those blue eyes, his dark hair, his gorgeous tan.... "Um, so what class do you have next?" He asks, breaking me out of my reverie. He smiles and I tell him that I'm going to English next. "Me too" he replied. "Maybe we can sit next to each other."

"I guess if you want to" I said.

"Cool. See you then." He left and I was alone again. Why was he being nice to me? He seems like one of the 'bad boys' or a jock or something. Like one of the popular kids. So why didn't he call me names and do what everyone else does?? Someone must have told him that I'm a freak and a slut like they always say. It doesn't make any sense. Is it possible that he doesn't know what they call me? Or could he be putting on a show, trying to gain my trust just to break me down like everybody else does?

The bell rings as I'm asking myself these questions. I grab my stuff from the floor, put my earbuds back in my ears, and listen to my music in the way to English. I head to my locker before class starts to grab the book we're reading. When I reach my locker, a group of kids surround me. One of the kids ripped my earbuds outta my ears and spun me around roughly so that I was facing him. "Hey you little slut. We saw you talking to that new kid at lunch. Making plans to fuck him later?" he jeered.

The whole group laughed at that. Then another one of the boys pushed me up against the locker, making me smash the back of my head against the cold metal. "You're a worthless little piece of shit. Why don't you go kill yourself?" After uttering these words, he punched me in the jaw. Once, twice, three times. Then he moved on to my stomach. He punched me repeatedly until one of the kids yelled out that a teacher is coming.

All of the kids, including my tormentor, started running away. I lay on the floor, wishing I was dead. The teacher walked over to me and said "where are you supposed to be?" I didn't wanna be known as a snitch too, so I keep the incident to myself. "I'm heading to English" I say as best I can. "Better hurry up and get there then," he said.

He walks away and I get my book. I head to class, which is on the other side of the school. Great, I'm gonna be really late now, I thought to myself. This couldn't get any fucking worse. Just as I start walking away from my locker the bell rings. I knew it, I thought.