Ache

"Hoggle!"

"Little lady!" Sarah knelt and hugged Hoggle that made Jareth gag. He just couldn't figure how she could stand this creature.

"Boggle!" Jareth called.

"Hoggle!" They both corrected.

"Pack me my things. We will be off after lunch." He said. "And pack your things too. You and your other ugly friends are coming with us."

"Yes, your majesty." Hoggle bowed and left the room and Sarah turned to him.

"Why can't you be nice to poor Hoggle?"

"Who says I am not? I am a good king." He held his head high.

"No you are not." She took a seat and looked around. It was a dirty castle. Chickens and pigs were chasing each other around. "And why don't you clean up this place?"

"Would you be as kind as to becoming my cleaning lady?" And he laughed at his own joke. Sarah noticed for the first time how he laughed. It was open and his fang like teeth made it even more attractive.

Attractive?

She looked away and Jareth noticed. "What is it?"

"Nothing."

"There is nothing when you are in deep thought. There is always something within you."

I can't live within you...

She remembered this line when she was chasing Toby within the multidimensional stairs. "You like singing."

"You noticed." He raised an eyebrow that made her nervous.

"Well...you were singing it out loud. Never mind." She avoided the talk.

"No, no." Jareth insisted. "I'd like to know what else you've noticed about me." He gave out his dimple like smile. Why was she noticing this now?

"Nothing."

"Nothing? Nothing? Nothing tra-la-la?" He walked to her seat and leaned down, making her gasp. "You are a lousy liar." He smirked.

"And you are evil. Get away." She rushed out of the seat and moved to the window. "Toby must be crying now."

Jareth walked to her near the window and leaned to her ears. "Forget about the baby."

She was startled with him so close. But then, she overcame the surprise and answered. "Don't you understand that I can't?"

"No." He answered confidently. "I never understood it then, I cannot understand now. Come." He pulled away. "Food is served."

Sarah followed him to the dining hall which was dirtier than the previous room. All of her friends were throwing food at each other and Hoggle was trying to whack them down. Hoggle pulled a seat for Sarah and Jareth gave the poor goblin, a deadly look.

"Higgert."

"Hoggle." He squeaked.

"You pulled the chair for the girl but not for your king? Are you wishing for something smelly? I heard there is a place where it could use a prince."

"Forgive me master. Right away master." And Hoggle hastily pulled a chair for him to sit. Jareth's face scrunched seeing all the rowdy goblins messing up his lunch.

"Get out!" He shouted out like Ludo, scaring all, including Sarah as they scurried out and left them alone together in the dining room. Taking this chance, Jareth rested his chin on his palm and looked at Sarah.

"What is it?" She tried not to stammer. "Is there something on my face?"

"Yes. A nose, two eyes and a mouth." He smirked.

Sarah didn't know what it referred to but it did make her nervous. She cleared her throat and said. "So tell me about the problem we have."

"Not now. Right now, we eat and then we head out. I will tell you on the way. It will be fun." He snuck a pork piece in his mouth. Sarah pursed her lips and started eating her food, noticing that he was still looking at her.

"Stop it." She exclaimed. "I can't eat with your eagle eyes."

"That sounds very attractive." He almost whispered.

"It's not. It's invasive, goblin king." She mumbled.

"Jareth." He said

"What?"

"It's Jareth, my name is Jareth. Call me Jareth."

"I don't think so." She said.

"Why? It seems intimate." He gave her a smart look.

"It seems inappropriate." She argued.

"Alright." He gave up for now. "But when time comes, you will have to call me by my name. As you see, goblin king is a long name to call."

She said nothing. She quickly finished her food, stuffing them in her mouth and left the table in a haste. She left Jareth alone who grinned making her flushed. But what he didn't realise was her sudden headache. She was in the room clutching her head in pain. Somehow the pain didn't go away.

She didn't notice Jareth coming in the room and saw her in this situation.

"Sarah?"

She gasped and turned to him. "Yes?"

"You don't look too good. What's the matter?"

"I don't know...my head hurts."

Jareth slowly walked to her and cautiously touched her forehead. It was warm but he could feel it was clouded with thoughts. "It's okay."

"Why does it hurt so much?" She didn't take notice of his arm slowly wrapping around hers. He gave her a comforting hug.

"You are having trouble adjusting. You have eaten so you will be fine within next couple of hours."

"But we must head out now." She looked up at him. He was quite tall.

"We will. For now, rest on me."

Sarah didn't know why, but she obeyed and leaned her head on his chest. And Jareth let this time pass quietly.