Chapter 6

Meet Eureka Smith

Eureka's POV

*riiiiiing riiiing*

I pushed the stop button and stopped running on my treadmill. 15km. Not bad. Hmm.

*riiiing*

Okay. Okay. Hahanapin na kita.

I'm looking for my iphone on the table pero di ko pa rin makita.

Where's is it?! Ang alam ko nilagay ko lang dito and then it magically disappears.

*riiing*

Oh there it is. It's just under my towel. Paano napunta yun duon?

I answered it without knowing the caller. Nakakailang missed-calls na eh. Maybe it's important.

"Yes?" I grab my bottle of water on the table

"COUZZZZZ!!! YOU KNOW WHAT?!! HUH? HUH?!"

Inilayo ko ang phone sa ear ko dahil kung hinde ay basag ang eardrums ko.

"Oh gosh Maze! Shut your fucking mouth. Low your voice down! If my eardrums crushed, I'll crush you into pieces!!" I said.

"Ohh. Sorry couz, it's just.... I'm excited to see you!"

"What? Wait. You're going home? Does your business are stable now? Does Aunt Grace know about this? Did she-"

Ininum ko straight yuong bottle of water ko. Then I grab my towel to wipe my sweat on my face.

"Oh couz! One question at a time man! Geez! It's like you you don't want me back. First of yeah.. Sort of...? Mommy just told me, if my performance in saving and handling our company here in Dubai were fine and excellent. I can go back home na. So I'm just waiting the response of the board. And the approval of my mother"

"Well yeah. Just kidding. Good luck with that. Hope you can survive. I can convince my father if you want so that he will vote for you"

"Nope. It's okay. I don't want any pity. You know that. I don't want anyone to help me. I can make them vote for me by myself. I'm sure" She said with full of pride and Confidence. I know she can.

"Okay suit yourself . I know. Full of pride of yourself hmmm? I'm sure that someday you will need someone badly but It will cost a lot of your pride to get that." I said then giggle

"Whatever. I won't let that happen. Wait" she said

"What? Oh. Okay, I'll be right there in a minute" I heard her said to someone. I think it's her secretary

"Hey couz, I need to go. The old woman is calling." She laughed and I too.

She's referring to her Aunty, Aunt Grace. They are very close. She's just teasing her mom because she know that her mom is watching her.

"Okay. Bye. Call you later" she said

"Okay btw I know that your new car ay nasa bestfriend mo lang pala. Let me borrow sometimes okay? Okay. Bye" and I hung up. She was about to say something but I don't care.