Chapter 2

A shiver went down my neck and I was brought back to reality and back to my smelly apartment argh! Jeez the police wouldn't tell me anything so I was brought to a orphanages and I really hated that people looked at me strangely . ' now none of that kat let's forget the past.... Jeez what's that smell?' I looked down oh it's me hehe. ' I really need some fresh air ..... And clothes' I thought while looking at my sweaty tank top ' and maybe a shower jeez I stink!' So I got out of my bed and doing so it made a creaky sound. CREEAK! I jumped at the sound ' really kat you jump at that?' And I calmed down while silently walking to the kitchen and trying not to wake up my roommate up when I finally made it to the kitchen I turned on the lights " AHHH! " my roommate is sitting in the kitchen chair. Her name is Raven. Raven looks at me and says " haha! Kat you are sooo easy to scare! You are just like a cat!" And she starts laughing so hard she falls on the ground " Raven please stop doing that!" But I laugh as well once we finally settled down Raven looked at me in her black eyes ( yes black eyes). " Kat I uh uh ...." I look at her " Raven did you get fired again and what did you this time? Last time you tried stealing money even though we needed it" I look down to were she is sitting and ( yep ) she got fired. She starts crying and I instantly comfort her " Kat .. I I am rea...really sorry. The guys I I worked with made fun of me again even though the are just like us." It seemed like 10 minutes when I finally spoke " that's ok Raven come on we gotta go now. I got into some mischief " I got up from the floor and held my hand out to help Raven get up once she did we instantly went into our rooms to pack. I don't have much to pack just some clothes and a dagger that came from my father before he died. When I was packing " hey Kat did anyone found out yet? about what you are?" I jumpe up looking around to see Raven when I couldn't see her I realized she was communicating telepathically in my head ( yes Raven can do that because she is a fairy not the trickster kind) " jeez Raven warn me next time you do that ." I hear Raven reply " sorry Kat" " that's ok Raven and I don't know mabey someone saw cause I feel like someone keeps on following us" " yeah me to Kat.... You done packing?" I zipped my back pack " yeah I am done Raven" and I cut off the communication because it's weird hearing having your best friend in your head hearing what you are thinking. I walk out of my room and sigh " I hate leaving and for once I actually liked this place" I walk to Ravens room I open the door I still see raven packing. " ready Raven?" She looks and me after zipping her backpack " yeah I am ready Kat" Raven looks pretty sad and nervous " come on Raven let's head off" we walk out of the room and in to the street. Raven looks at me " were to oh mis. Katy?" She chuckles and looks at the busy street " I don't know Raven just somewhere far away" " how about the dark forest?" Raven asks. I look at her while smiling she smiles as well " sure ". We walk into the dark shadows " ready for another adventure raven?" Let's hope we can make where ever we are going safe. Raven looks at me with her tricky eyes and smiles " yep. I am always ready. Ready to keep my best friend safe" and so we go off into the distances.