Chapter 15

Ashlyn's POV
Fuck, I can't lie to her but she won't let me explain what really happened if I try to tell her the truth.
"I fucking knew it. Get out and leave me the fuck alone."
I've gotten used to her hot temper and short fuse in the short time I've known her so I do not panic.
"Ali, how do you know what I was gonna say if you didn't even-"
"Because Ashlyn, I'm not fucking stupid! If the answer was a no, yo would have flat out told me. So obviously something has happened between you two. So screw you, leave!"
She tries to push me out now but I hold my ground. "Please let me explain, it's not what you think."
She glares at me. "That's what they all say." With that, she successfully pushes me out of her room and slams the door in my face, leaving me completely confused for the second time in one night.
As I head up to my room, Whitney comes out of nowhere and hugs me. "I missed you, how was Ali?"
I push her off me. "Stop Whitney, I saw your post on instagram. You know what happened that night. So don't start this shit with me. Stay out of my life. I forgave you and I was fine with just being your friend again, but I will never like you as anything more because you have lost my trust. It's your own damn fault so leave Ali out of it."
She rolls her eyes. "Why are you so obsessed with Ali. She seems like a fucking hot mess. What was that little breakdown she had at lunch about? Fucking insecure bitch. She's probably one of those girls that cut and starve themselves so people think they've got real problems and give them sympathy."
I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around and see Ali running away. Fuck. I grab Whitney by her shirt and push her up against the wall. "You better fucking stop. She never did anything to you. You're the one with fucking problems." I place her back on the ground before punching her. Blood gushes out of her nose, instantly ruining her white shirt. I punch her stomach before chasing after Ali, leaving Whitney laying on the floor covered in her blood.

I lay on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. She didn't want to talk to me. Coach says I can't play in the game tomorrow because of my "reckless behavior." Instead, I'll run laps for three twenty minute intervals. So now I've lost the two most important things to me- soccer and Ali.