Chapter 18

Ali's POV
Ashlyn gently shakes me awake. She has two coffees on the table and some food in a bag. "What's all this for?"
"For you of course. Now come on, let's eat. The bus leaves in forty minutes and knowing you, you haven't even begun to pack." She says with a smirk. True. But it's not like I have that much stuff, why would I worry about packing?
On the bus ride home Ashlyn and I sit in the back,talking loudly. Sydney and the other girls around us constantly groan and glare at us, our noise is not helping their hangovers. "Okay, let's play twenty questions. I'll start. Have you ever gotten drunk?"
I scoff as my blood boils. "We're not talking about my fucking brother, of course I haven't."
As the memories come back, tears spring into my eyes. I quickly look down and blink them away. "Have you ever had sex with a boy?"
"Yeah, once. Gross. Ever run away?"
"Yup. How old were you when you found out you were gay and how did you know?" I ask.
"15. There was this new girl in my class. Her name was Sophia. She lived next door and we became best friends for a while. She was kinda my rebound after Whitney stopped talking to me and I needed a friend. I thought she was beautiful and everything but we didn't hang out much. Everyone just kind of thought we were best friends so we went along with it."

Ashlyn's POV
We finally got back to college at 11:55, right in time for lucnh. We had class in the morning so most of the girls immediately went to the dorms to sleep. Ali and I were the last people to get off the bus. I helped her carry her stuff back to her dorm, wanting to spend as much time with her as I could. I also wanted to talk to her about what she said on the bus while playing twenty questions. "We're not talking about my fucking brother, of course I haven't."
I thought I saw tears in her eyes but I knew it was best not to mention it, not in front of all those nosy girls that love to spread gossip. The walk is silent, both of us tired and hungry.
Ali unlocks her dorm and enters. "Can you bring my stuff to my bedroom please?" I nod my head and follow her through the tiny living room to her room. I place her stuff up against the wall. Before I can do anything else Ali pushes me onto the bed, straddling me. She kisses me very harshly, almost needy. Needless to say, I am shocked.
A few minutes later she pulls away to catch her breath. She tugs on the hem of my shirt but I stop her. "Ali, I don't think that's a good idea. I think you're upset about your brother and that's why you're doing this."
She sighs and looks down. "You're right."
"I know." She smiles as I kiss her forehead and tuck her in to her large bed. "Take a nap, I'll bring you lunch. What do you want?"
"Can you just stay here with me instead?"
"Yeah, of course"
I lay down next to her and she instantly cuddles up to my side. "I know you might be in pain over whatever happened. So if you ever need to talk I'm here okay? You didn't judge me yesterday so I don't intend on judging you."
"Thank you. I'm exhausted right now but I'll tell you soon."
With that, she leans up and kisses my cheek before drifting off to sleep.