Chapter 16

Ali's POV
I take a long hot shower before stepping out and wrapping myself in a towel. I quickly get changed and put my hair up in a bun. I don't really care how messy it is since I'm having a bad day. I cried all night so it's not like I actually look good anyways. After applying make up, I exit the bathroom to an empty room. Kelley went out for breakfast with Hope earlier so I've had the room to myself.
I put on some running shoes before taking one final look in the mirror. As I'm about to step out the door, I notice a small envelope laying right near the door. Aw how cute, Hope must've gave Kelley a letter.I pick it up to place it on her bed so she won't forget it, but it's not her name on the letter. It's mine.
I look at the alarm clock. 6:37. I still have quite a bit of time until I have to be downstairs so I guess I'll read it now.
I open it up to reveal Ashlyn's handwriting:
Dear Ali,
I'm so sorry you heard all of that last night. It's all lies though so don't take it to heart. You're the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Your eyes sparkle when you're happy. When you play soccer or are jealous, your eyes get dark. When you smile, the corners of your eyes scrunch up.You're funny, smart, confident, and fierce. You caught my attention from the first time I saw you. I was in the back of the classroom and you kept looking back at me. If I ever looked towards you, you'd look away. Then we ran into each other in the stairwell and I caught you. Now usually, I would have let someone that ran into me fall. Down all those stairs. But I caught you. You scratched me when you grabbed onto my arms. Bet you didn't know that, right?
And when you came to my dorm when you saw Allie with that other girl, I saw you scoot closer to me. You didn't have to be afraid of me though,I was already falling head over heels for you. And the next day, when I woke up and kissed your forehead, I know you were already awake. You got so nervous when you were pretending to be asleep, I could feel your heartbeat and knew you were awake. What were you doing Ali, staring?
Usually, I hate bus rides. The bus smells and the girls gossip, it's stupid really. But you actually made me have a good bus ride, holding hands and sleeping. I don't like being humiliated, but I didn't even care that our teammates were taking pictures and laughing. Truth is, I really like you Ali, maybe even love you, and I'm not gonna let you get away over something stupid. Since you won't let me explain what really happened with Whitney, I'll write what really happened. Please don't think of me any different after reading this.
Kelley swings open the door. "Ali, coach texted you five minutes ago. We are having a meeting. Let's go." She quickly runs out. I stick the note in my back pocket and head out the door. I guess I'll have to finish reading later...