Chapter 3

Ali's POV
I make my way to the field, anxious to start practice. I scan the field, not seeing anyone I know. The coach, Debby Marchand, introduces herself and hands out our schedule for the month. "Hmm...did everyone get a schedule, I have an extra one." says Debby. "I'll take that." says the blonde girl who was in my class yesterday. She snatches the schedule out of Debby's hand.
"Ashlyn, finally decided to show up, did you? From now on please be here on time like all the other girls." I notice the girl, Ashlyn is her name I guess, roll her eyes. "I'm the best goalie you've got, being a few minutes late isn't going to hurt anyone." "Watch it Harris" Debby says as she tells the rest of us to warm up.

*************
Ashlyn was right. She was an amazing goalkeeper. She didn't let a single ball in throughout the whole practice. Our first game was on Friday and I couldn't wait to see her play in a real game.
As soon as practice ended, Ashlyn left. I waited patiently for everyone else to leave the field before I worked on my tricks. I wanted to make sure I was prepared for the game. After about forty minutes, I took a water break. That's when I noticed someone was standing near the fence watching. Fear ran through my body until I noticed who it was. Ashlyn. She saw that I noticed her so she gave me a thumbs up before jogging away. Why was she watching me? I decide to go back to my dorm for the night. I grab the soccer balls and head to the other side of campus. The whole walk home, all I could think about was getting to know Ashlyn better.

*********
S: hey babe, what's up"
A: hey saegan, just watching soccer, you?
S: seriously ali, you are obsessed with soccer and it's stupid. You are so selfish, when we were in high school, you never wanted to spend time with me because of soccer. And you wouldn't go to the University of California with me just because you wanted to play soccer. You don't even care about our relationship. 
A: Okay, first of all, I would gladly not watch soccer if you wanted to hang out. Second of all, I got a scholarship here and I'm not gonna go to the University of California just so we can be together...we've only been dating for like two months, I'm not gonna ruin the chance to follow my dream over you. And don't tell me I'm the one who doesn't care about this relationship when you're the one that always tries to pick a fight. Why did you even call anyways? Just so we could get mad at each other and you can use that as your excuse to go out, get drunk, and cheat on me? Go right ahead, see if I care.

I hung up. Ugh, what the hell. We were just having a conversation but of course, he just had to pick a fight. I want this relationship to end, if he doesn't apologize in the morning, we're over. He always does this and never apologizes, but this is the last time he will treat me like shit. I text Allie Long, a girl I met at practice today.

Krieger-Hey,are you up?
Krieger- Oh,by the way, it's Ali Krieger.
Allie- Hey Krieger, what's up? Are u ok?

I smile at the fact that she is already concerned about me even though we just met this afternoon. I ask her if she wants to come over to watch some movies. She gladly accepts.

********
Knock Knock Knock. Allie's here! "Hey! Come in!"
I let her pick out the movies we would watch, turns out she likes horror movies. I've always hated horror movies but I guess I'll have to deal with it.

I hide my face in Allie's chest as she places her arm around me. She pulls the blanket over me. She keeps laughing because I am so scared. She finally shuts the tv off and looks at me. I open one eye and look at the screen. Phew, it's off. "Why don't we just talk for a little bit" Allie says with a chuckle. "Okay, I like that idea" I say as I wiggle out of her arms.

******
Beep Beep Beep. I turn off the alarm and look around. Allie is still fast asleep on the other half of my bed. I grab some clothes and leave Allie a note. I knew I wanted to be close friends with this girl.

 When I exit the bathroom,  Allie is gone. Another note is left on my desk.  She left to go get ready for her class but she said that she definitely wanted to hang out during practice tonight.  I couldn't wait for practice tonight- I would get hang out with Allie and I would also get to watch Ashlyn practice again.