Faith and Chances

Our industry is quite small to be frank, that I don't think I wouldn't run into my daughter, as faith would have it, the kid, the wife and I would be working in the same network.. Funny huh? Of course I know people are running interferences, for us not to cross paths, one way or another, I will see my daughter.

So there she was, however, on the opposite side of the screen. My daughter was getting interviewed, by no less than her auntie, while she was preparing a dish that I had taught her as a child. I knew Kris would ask her personal questions, and I'd hope that some of it be about me. There was zero mention of me, until my daughter said, 'I learned it from papa.' Out of the blue. Kris then asked her, 'Do you miss him?' Talking about me as if I were gone. My daughter answered 'everyday' I saw her eyes swell, suddenly, mine did too. They moved on to a different topic.

I then receive a text from Alice:
Here's hoping you do what's right, here's her number. Ava Gomez +639178345678. I want them both to be happy Gomz, don't screw this chance up.

Thank you Alice, you don't know how much this means to me.

I'm not doing this for you, but for them. I know what you've gone through, Alam ko sinundan mo sila, Alam ko na wala kang naging ibang babae since umalis sila, Alam kong inayos mo na young Buhay mo. Have faith Goma.

Paano? How'd she know that I followed them to Paris? Alam din Kaya ito ni Dawn?

I wrote different texts, but none of them I could ever send. Until I just wrote, Papa's sorry Anak. And my fingers had finally had the courage to hit send.