Someday You'll Remember

Richard's POV
3 years ago, my life changed, my wife and 15 year old daughter left me. I neglected my family and found comfort in someone else and was stupid enough to believe that despite all the wrong things that I've done, they'd still forgive me. I remember the day they left so vividly, Dawn was hurriedly packing all of Sabrina's things and me begging them to not leave, my 15 year old started screaming something that would make my heart bleed more than it ever has, I wish you weren't my papa anymore! I hate you. Hearing her say that made me weak at the knees and they were able to get pass me and left me for good.

I heard that they'd move to Paris, Dawn had gotten a job there as a stylist for a big shot magazine, yet divorce papers were never drawn, so technically we were still married. Well at least in paper, I know she's mine, they both are. So the moment I heard that they'd move, I followed them so quickly, and watched my girls live on without me, and they were happy, probably happier without me. And so I went back to Manila with a heavy heart and thought to myself, things would be better this way.

Until I hear news that my girls are finally coming home, Papa was the one who told me, out of everyone, he was the most upset, because Dawn was the Daughter he never had and I was the man who broke his daughter's heart. Better make it up to them Richard, I want my daughter and granddaughter back. He said.

I was like a stalker watching my daughter from out the window, seeing her meet with people who would be her bosses. The thought of my daughter wanting to pursue a career in acting, taking after me and her mama. Their meeting finished and I waited outside the door, she saw me immediately, I smiled while she immediately excused herself then ran. Everyone was so surprised with how she reacted with our reunion, while I wasn't, we really didn't have a good goodbye. And so I ran after my daughter calling her out by name. She fell and lost consciousness, I panicked and brought her to the hospital. As I paced through the emergency room, Dawn arrived as beautiful as ever, like time away from me did her good, like God was punishing me for doing her wrong. Richard anong nangyari sa Anak ko! She exclaimed. And all I could say was Sorry. Not just for the accident but for all the pain I caused them. Masaya na Kami Richard nag move on na Kami I'm sure ikaw din, Kaya please, umalis ka na bago pa magising si Sabrina. So I left but stayed in the corridor of the emergency room as to give them space. I fell asleep only to wake up to my daughter watching me, I immediately told her Anak, I missed you so much! Papa is so sorry, ngayon lang ako, babawi si Papa, I will earn you and your mama's love and trust again. To which she answered crying, I missed you too papa, but things can't go back to the way they were, you know what hurts the most, is that you never fought for us, you never came after us. So please pretend we never came back, just live on your life, a life without us.

All I could answer was, someday Anak, you'll remember how much I love you both so much, you'll remember how papa loves you. I hope you remember Anak, para kahit papano, that pain I caused you, Yung galit mo sakin, mabawasan ng konti. Dahil mahal na mahal ko Kayo ng mama mo. Don't forget that Anak.