One step back.

ASAP
Let's all welcome our newest Kapamilya star Ava Gomez.

I watched my daughter perform live on stage, because she invited me to. Here I was standing next to Dawn, not knowing what to say or do, as we watched our daughter sing. At the end of her prod, she came up to us, and hugged us tightly, like she used to when she used to win her gymnastic competitions. But this time Dawn was somehow reserved.

Sasama ka? I asked Dawn.

No, this is your time to catch up with each other. Have fun. She said still acting aloof.

Oh, ok. I said. Anak, go and dress na.

I had brought her to the one place I knew we liked going on our father-daughter dates, Cafe Adriatico. We ordered our usual, Tsokolate eh and pan de sal with quesong puti.

So Anak, how've you been? I missed you so much. You're turning 18 soon, do you want to. Have a debut? Wow 18.. I babbled. Sorry Anak, excited Lang si Papa.

Look pa, sorry, but you can't expect me to act around you like I used to. Give me time. You owe me at least that. Maybe, we can start by catching up. Like, hi dad! What you been up to, all those years that you didn't come after us?

Look anak, it's hard. I don't know what your mama has told you...

Mama hasn't been exactly helpful either. For the past 3 years I've been racking my brain around thinking what I've done wrong for our family to end up like this.

Sorry anak. But know this, it's all papa's fault. You shouldn't blame yourself.

Stop saying sorry. That means less to me now. I need answers pa! It's driving me crazy! You guys are so unfair! You think that you can make a decision and not think of me, what I'd feel? I never had a say in anything. I'm almost 18 dad. I think I can handle the truth.

I just fell silent, not knowing what to answer her in her sudden outburst.

You know what? On second thought. Just bring me home.

Pero Anak you haven't even touched your food yet.

I don't care, bring me home please. She said almost weeping.

Ok.