Only Love

We spent the night, somehow trying to fit all the three years we spent apart in conversation. And going over the things that he got me while I was away.

Really pa? A diamond ring? What am I supposed to do with this.

Actually anak, that's not for you, I must've misplaced it somehow.

Then, who... I stopped. It was for mama.

Pa, do you still love Mama?

That will never go away anak. Your mama is my first and only love.

Then why'd you hurt her.

You know what anak, that's a story for another time. Why don't you go to bed, and I'll bring you home in the morning.

I came home the next morning and went straight to Mama's room. She was still asleep, I went to her and hugged her ever so tightly, she turned to me and hugged me back. Anak, are you ok?

Actually, yes. I've never felt better.

Puzzled she looked at me and asked, What happened?

I told her of the box of unopened gifts and letters meant for the time we were apart, and how I realized, that Papa still loves me, well loves both of us.

Anak, of course he loves you, your his child.

No ma, it's not just me he still loves, he still loves you too.

She stood up, as if shocked by what I said. You should get ready na Ava, your Tita Alice will be picking us up to go shopping.

I'm not in the mood to shop, I want to talk. We need to talk. I may not have gotten the answers I need, but there are things need to know from you.

Anak, I'm not in the mood for games.

Well, I'm not playing any games. We really need to talk.

Talk? Anak, Tita Alice will be here any minute, can't we do this another time?

Stop running away ma! You've been doing it for so long. Stop!

What do you want to hear then?

Do you still love my papa?