Silence.

One week has passed and Ava's still not talking to me. After I walked out on her asking if I still loved her father. I heard the door close, and saw her enter the house. Did you eat already? I was answered by silence. Ava! I'm talking to you.

Wow ma! Now you're talking to me. Remember that one time I was talking to you and you walked out on me? So yeah, tough.

Sabrina! Don't answer me like that. I know I've made a mistake but that's no way to talk to your mother.

I'll be in my room if you need me. She slammed the door shut.

I invited over Alice, as human protection to the child acting up.

Oh Mars, ano na? Di ka parin kinakausap. Sabi ko naman kasi sayo, mali na nag walkout ka eh. Para ka namang bata eh talo mo pa yung anak mo.

Sino ba kaibigan mo?

Wala sa kaibigan yun mars, ang akin Lang itama mo. Mag sorry ka.

Natatakot Ako mars.

Saan?

Pano kung magalit siya lalo sa sasabihin ko. Ayaw ko Lang siya umasa na magkakabalikan pa kami ng papa niya.

Bakit ano ba talaga laman niyan? Pointing to my heart.

Ang daya naman kasi eh. Pano ko ba naman pag kakatiwalaan yung puso ko. Eh yung utak ko sinasabing huwag? Hindi pa ba sapat na kaming dalawa nalang.

Anak yun, natural hahanap hanapin niya na magkasama ang magulang Niya. Ikaw ba, na imagine mo ba na lumake yang anak mong magkahiwalay Kayo?

I heard Ava's door open. NINANG!! Good thing you're here! I'll show you the photos from my shoot last week. She said, as if ignoring the fact I was there, Alice knew Ava's doing this on purpose.

She looked beautiful in the photographs she showed Alice, of course, I was observing like a bystander.

Alice's phone started to ring. O siya, Ava, as much as I'd like to stay and chat, your lolo Martin's looking for me already. I better go. She then whispered something to Ava.

Samahan na kita palabas. I told Alice.

Mare, kapit lang walang masama Kung sasabihin mo sa kanya ang totoo She told me as she headed out.

Ava was already packing the stack of photos she was showing Alice earlier. Anak, you look so beautiful in your pictures.

Thanks. She said simply.

Are you hungry?

No. My daughter, suddenly the master of the monosyllables.

As she was starting to leave. Anak I'm sorry.

She stood there as if waiting for me to say something else.

Sorry if I can't give you the answers you want to hear.

Well there's only one I need an answer to, and you know what I'm talking about.

Yes, I still love your Papa...