Chapter Five

December 8, 1999

Dear Edie,

That is sad. I am sorry you don't get to see your brother anymore. But it is good you get pictures sometimes. I don't know what I'd do if I could never see Tom.

We make rock music. When we get signed to a record company I will send you the very first copy before anyone else hears it.

Girls like Tom more I think because he is loud and funny and outgoing, and I am more quiet and shy. We are bullied a lot. They are jealous of Tom and they think I am a freak because I am noticeably different than they are. They can call me whatever they want. I don't care because I have Tom so I am not alone and he is really the only friend I need.

The Spice Girls are so...erm...not that bad but Tom thinks Britney Spears is better.

Tom laughed when I told him what you said to your Granny, that she had Satan breath. That was really funny.

I think we are both funny, you and I. We would get along well I think if we ever met.

And yes we are talking about changing the name of the band. We don't know what we should change it to so until we do, we will stay as Devilish.

I will be your friend for as long as you want me to. Will you be my friend if I'm a famous rockstar? Will you be my friend if I'm just Bill who isn't a rockstar?

I think Tom and me are going to see our dad on Christmas Eve. We haven't seen him in a long time. He and our mother got in a divorce when we were little. He lives in a different town. He has a motorcycle and says he will teach us how to drive it when we are old enough.

I made you a card today in art class. I hope you like it.

Your friend,

Bill

P.S. - Tom says hi

P.P.S. - merry Christmas