Chapter 6

Adeline

I wake up feeling bags under my eyes.I remember everything that has happened this week.Mr.Miller will be checking up on my mom and I'm hoping she's okay.I get up to go to the bathroom.I grabbed my phone and started looking at my instagram.And yes while I was using the bathroom. :D

I then brush my teeth and fall back asleep.In my sleep I hear my phone make sounds. Ding* Ding* Ding*
Who is texting me so much?

Aden: Adie I have to tell you something!

Aden: I dont know if to tell you in a text or come over.
Aden: Ill come over.See you.😊

Eventually I get up and dress myself with light washed high waisted jeans, a white crop top, my white converse and a black and white adidas hat.I put some light makeup on.

A few minutes later the doorbell rings. I go downstairs and open the door.

"Hello..its me." says Aden.I laugh and lightly punch him on the shoulder."What do you wanna eat?" He gives me a look of 'fo real?' Another laugh comes out of both of us.I grab the pancake mix and the chocolate chips and start making our pancakes.Aden turns on the tv and puts 'Sorry' by Justin Bieber. "BUT YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS NO INNOCENT ONE IN THIS GAME FOR TWO!" Me and Aden scream/sing.

Aden then lowers the music and sits down to start eating, I do the same. "So Aden what was it that you wanted to tell me?"I ask him.

"Oh right well...I wanted to tell you that me and Lesly sort of split.It wasnt really working out.We decided that we just wanted to be friends." A moment of silence passes. He continues "We were interested in other people." I start thinking of what to say.Aden has been liking this girl since 7th grade and HAD the chance.And now his heart was broken.I start thinking deeply.If he really wanted to be with her he would of not said 'We were interested in other people.

"So... you don't really like her like you did before?" He looks up at me and his chocolate eyes meet mine."No.I dont think I ever did." WHAT?! He did not just say that. I leave the conversation there. "Oh, ok." I get up to wash our plates.

"Wanna go to the mall?" Aden asks me grabbing his wallet and phone.He knew I was going to say yes."Sure,lets go." He rubbed his knuckle on my head and put his shoulder around my neck.We walked to the mall,happy,like we didn't just go through breakups.

Me and Aden stopped at the 'Auntie Annes' to get some pretzels.We ordered  two cups of pretzel pieces and one large coke.We sit down on a bench where there is a group of people giving out flyers.   "Aden.....have you ever wondered...that maybe we dated Lesly and Brayden...because...-" he cut me short "Maybe because we just wanted to know that we had someone to love and care for." He stares straight ahead where there is a light blue wall.
"Yes.Like that.Do you think thats the mistake we did?"
"Yes,yes I do.It taught us a lesson too.Now I now that I don't need a 'girlfriend' like Lesly to survive.I have plenty of people to care for." A smile appears on his face,but still looking straight ahead.
"Yeah,I mean I have my mom and dad-" he cuts me short (again).
"-I have you."
His smile becomes bigger and brighter.His face then fully turns to look at me.A smile appears on my face now.I push myself to his shoulder and he holds me tight.

We go to my house.We decided to make our own ice cream.(Ok fine that was never going to happen) But we bought vanilla ice cream and were going to make our own sundae.I add Hershey's syrup with sprinkles and a cherry.Aden adds his 'signature' strawberry syrup with Fruity Pebbles cereal all over.
When eating all the ice cream we go and watch The Longest Ride.I fall asleep in the middle of the movie.
Aden takes me upstairs and tucks me in bed.I hear him sit on my desk chair and go on his phone.The lights turn off and silence fills the room.