Chapter 8

Adeline                                                                                                                                                                                                   I wake up on the floor next to the couch I was sleeping in.The blankets are wrapped around me in a tight way.I try to untangle myself, but do not succeed.I sit on my butt and see Aden sitting on the small chair in front of me.He stares at me with a laugh. "You are really having a hard time untangling yourself." "Yeah, do you mind helping me?" I say with a sly smile. He gets up without an answer and kneels down next to me.He starts to untangle me and roll me out.I laugh through the process and so does he. "Thank you.I would of never gotten out if i weren't for you." I say.He chuckles and says "I believe you."

As soon as we get up Aden puts a hand to his stomach and looks down. "You okay?Does your stomach hurt?" I ask.He runs away to the bathroom and manages to say "Oh no." I follow him in the bathroom and see him throwing up in the toilet.I grab the paper towels in the shelf and hand them to him.Then I run downstairs and grab a water bottle to bring it to him.

"Here drink some, but not too much.You don't want to get your stomach upset again." He grabs the water bottle and startes gulping it away. 

"Why am I throwing up?" he asks clearly confused.

"You had a little too much fun last night.I had to drag you here so you didn't get worse in the party."

"Oh, good.Did I  do anything.....weird?"

"Yeah, you sort of started to twerk on the table and everyone was cheering you on.And you...." I start to remember what happened last night.

"What else did I do?" He get up from kneeling and stands up straight.

"You also kissed someone." I didn't want to tell him even know he was going to figure it out sooner or later.

"OH NO. Who did I kiss?Was it someone I know?" He asks with a worried face.

"Aden." He nods his head. "You kissed me." I looked down trying to hide my tomato red face.I wait for his reaction.

"Really? Well, finally. I've been waiting.It took me forever to steal a kiss from you."

I'm shocked.Silence fills the gap. "What do you mean Aden?" I ask him looking back at him and fidgeting with my pajama pants.

"I mean that I like you." He steps closer to me. "I have always liked you.But I thought that liking my best friend was crazy.But every time I saw you, I just fell more in love." I stand up straight because I notice him stepping even closer. "I don't know if you feel the same and I don't care either.As long as I see your face everyday I'm fine." He cups my jaw with his hand. He leans and kisses me in the lips.I kiss back not knowing what to think or do.His lips, with such a passionate touch, make me forget where I'm standing.He starts to hold my waist and pull me in closer.

After a couple of seconds of kissing, I stop him and say "I like you too." I resume to kiss him and he begins to push me backwards.He throws me on my bed while still kissing me.He starts to kiss my jaw then down to my neck.I grab his soft hair while kissing him back.

I pull away and find myself on top of him.We stare at each other for what seemed like forever. "Enjoyed it?" he asks with a grin. "Yes, yes I did." I get up to start the day. "Well, what do you want to do today?" He turns his head to me.

 "So..your just going to forget that ever happened?"

"No, I will never forget that. But don't think I will date you."

"And why is that?" he says standing up and grabbing from my waist again. He gives me a hot smile and I give one in return. 

"I will seem like a thot.You and Lesly just broke up and I broke up with Brayden.It would seem suspicious and wrong.But that does mean I don't like you." I go into my closet to pick out a white lace top with a black cardigan,a maroon scarf,some jeans and my beige flats.                                                                                    "Dang.You look hot." I look at Aden with a one eyebrow up. "Are you just saying that because I made out with you?"       

"No.In fact, I've been waiting forever to say that." I walk past him to go downstairs and he slaps my butt while getting up.

"Really?" I ask him with a smirk.

A couple of hours later when me and Aden are at the mall I get a call.I answer to find out it's Mr.Miller. "Hello?"

"Hi,it's Mr. Miller,your Mom's boss.I was wondering if you would like to  visit your mom.We found the hospital she's at.This hospital does not let visitors come in at certain times and days, so I called to inform that today they are open."

"Ok.Thank you so much Mr. Miller.I will come to the station right now.See you in a bit."

"Ok.Bye."

"Bye."  I hang up first. 

"Who was it?" asks Aden. "It was Mr. Miller.They found the hospital my mom is in.Let's go to the station."

We arrive at the station and I don't sit down and go straight to the counter. "Mr.Miller?" I ask the new lady in the front.This time with long brown curly hair."Right on." She says back in a  presentable voice. A couple of minutes later Mr. Miller appears from the back with his jacket and suit case. "I'll drive you kids there."                                                                                                                                                                        We enter his car that has a strong scent of coffee.I sit in front and Aden sits in back.Mr.Miller starts drive in silence.A little later Mr. Miller points out where we are going "The name of the hospital is Saint Josephs."

We arrive at the hospital and go to the floor my mom is in. A small guy comes to us in a doctors uniform. "She is taking a quick bath." He says with a smile in a Italian accent.I nod and look at Aden. He nods at me and sits in a chair with a slope.I take out my phone and start listening to music. 'This Is What It Takes' by Shawn Mendes comes on. I feel a tear start to slide down my cheek.A image of my mom appears in my mind.