The Weird And The Wonderful. [Prolouge]

[A/N] Okay I know this is the third time I have written this chapter but I never seem to be quite happy with any of them :(...Anyway I hope this version is better, but if you prefered the old one write and let me know why :D

Lot's of love...

Prolouge..

~Im still alive but I'm barely breathing.~

"Life is like a roller coaster, your afraid and anxious while you slowly spin round and round, but when it stops at the top and take in the view you realize the entire journey was worth it."

Personally I was never a fan of roller coasters, something about being suspended miles above the ground with nothing other then a few wires and screws keeping me from crashing back down to earth, well, it just freaked me out.

The entire time I would wish my feet were back on the ground, I'd wish I was the one holding myself up rather then entrusting my safety in something else.

I suppose that says an awful lot about me as a person. But, at the time I never gave it any intense thought, perhaps if I had things would have turned out differently perhaps then I wouldn't have so many regrets. If's and but's, always if's and but's.

In truth I was a naive kid, I would listen to anything my parents said, if they told me eating vegetables made me taller I would wolf them down and the measure myself everyday. I never really stopped to consider the fact that they were humans too and like every other being on earth they made mistakes and sometimes even lied.

As the years went by I seemed to discard some of my parents advice and mantra's, I guess I didn't need them anymore it was time I made my own mantra's. However my mothers take on life as a roller coaster really stuck with me. There was something there, something about how my fear of roller coasters related to my fear of living life, well it just made sense to me..

As you can guess my mother was a very deep and perceptive and even if that sometimes embarrassed me in my bid to be normal, I always admired her for it. It was a swift contrast to my father who was the suit to work, up tight stiff that most people in society deemed so acceptable.

Unfortunately for me I had inherited the best and the worst of the both of them. I was deep and sometimes over emotional like my mother, however my fathers sense and overly exaggerated concern of what others thought sometimes overshadowed this

You may think that this was not something a teenager had to worry about but for me it was hard to balance out the weird and the wonderful traits I possessed. If I made friends I would have to watch what I did and said just incase a little crazy seeped out and they made fun of me.

Eventually overtime I realized it was easier to steer clear of people, I chose to adopt books as my new Bff's and if there ever came a need for human interaction my parents were always there to give me what I needed. If I wanted a giggle and a chat I would go to my mother, who in between getting in touch with her inner goddess and trying to convert dad and me in to an all natural diet, would gladly sit and talk about which new book I was friends with.

For more intense conversations on school work and such my straight laced father was always more then happy to oblige, between work and never ending business calls.

As baffling as it seems for two people as different as my parent, they were madly in love. Even fifteen years of marriage they still had a date night and would kiss in the morning while my mother cooked breakfast. At the time I found it disgusting, but it gave me hope. Hope that one day someone would love me unconditionally, warts and all.