What They Didn't Know Yet

I just wanna apologize first for taking so long before posting another chapter, we kind of lost our connection! Arghhh! It was a frustrating couple of days!

Anyways, I am back! Exams done, internet's back, now with a new chapter! Weeeeeee!!!

I wanna thank everyone of you btw. This book reached 812 reads! Omg! That is so overwhelming! Thank you so much!!!

Tell me what you think, comment below, also vote and share and make me feel like I should post another chapter! I love you!

--

The day was soon over for Zooey and Marcel. It was a really crazy day especially for Marcel. People were staring at him, eyes growing wide and gasps heard here and there. He would hear murmurs of people either asking 'who the hell is this hot piece of meat' or asking if they are really seeing Marcel Styles, the nerd. Marcel kept his head down low, almost the whole day, avoiding the suggestive looks given by the girls, to which of course Marcel was oblivious of.

Zooey, on the other hand, was half pleasured yet half annoyed. She was happy that people are finally seeing Marcel now. They kept on eyeing him with awe and appreciation. But then again, Zooey felt annoyed because of the meaningful stares the girls are giving him. She didn't know what it was but she was greatly pissed by these gestures they are showing him. She almost regretted changing his style a bit, thinking he might be too popular to girls and that might take him away from her.

"What the hell Zooey? It's not like Marcel is yours in the first place, so why so selfish? Besides, you don't even like Marcel that way... Or do you?" her alter ego spoke to her, definitely messing with her head. She shook her head thinking that would take the stupid thought away. But oh she was wrong.

As soon as they reached the parking lot, she pulled out her keys and unlocked the doors for the both of them to hop in. This had become their usual routine. It's as if they'd been doing this kind of routines everyday for years. It felt like, they've known each other for a long time already, as cheesy as it sounds, this is what they really feel.

Zooey has been hanging out a lot with Marcel that most irritated both Lara and Isabbel. Gen told Zooey that the two had been talking about her while she was having lunch with Marcel that day and whenever she's not around, basically she is their topic of the day. This doesn't surprise her. She saw this coming. She knew that this will be a huge issue for her two friends. She only shrugged it off making Gen worry a lot more but she told her it will die soon and to ignore it because honestly, she doesn't care.

As of now, Zooey is happy being around Marcel. Although he is far from the kind of people she used to hang out with, she knew he's so much better than them anyway. She never heard him bad mouth anybody or tell her rumors about this and that. This makes her feel so comfortable around the lad. He's so nice, awkward yes, but very nice.

Zooey even thought, "What if I met Marcel back when I was still an outcast? Would it be the same? Maybe we could've been best friends? I wish he could've transferred here a year earlier or two. Maybe Lottie would've liked meeting him. She would love him as much as I did."

The drive was as always quiet. Comfortable but quiet. The kind of quiet that they knew they don't have to say anything but it was okay. Once in a while she would glance at the lad whom she catches already looking at him. He would shyly look away and she would smile and poke his cheek.

All the way through the drive, Zooey insisted that they should listen to the Busted even after Marcel told her it wasn't his kind of music. She teased him by playing the song Loser Kid telling him to listen carefully. By the time the bridge of the song played, she mouthed the lyrics, singing it to him.