Chapter four// Apoligize

"I guess you two had fun last night," Nate, one of Andrew's friends, laughs at seeing the two of us walking into school holding hands.

"Can you fuck off?" Andrew says while I laugh.

I know that once I'm not with him. Andrew will pretend we hooked up last night to all of his guy friends. I'm pretty sure no one in the entire school knows the truth about what actually goes on in our relationship thanks to Andrew, but it's not like I care. If he wants to tell them we slept together it's fine with me. I mean, I basically insinuated it myself the other day when I insulted his manhood.

We walk to homeroom together and take our seats and he finally lets go of my hand.

"Good morning class!" Miss Ellis chirps with her high pitched voice.

"Good morning Miss Ellis!" We match her volume.

We've learned our lesson about being loud and chipper in the morning, because one time she made us repeat good morning five times to her until she was satisfied with the volume of cheerfulness.

"I see we're all in a good mood today," she comments, taking out the attendance record.

///

"Okay guys, Chelsea and I were talking
and she says that everyone should have to wear masks for my party," Brooke squeals, referring to her birthday party for what feels like the hundredth time and her older sister. "Or at least just the teens."

"Masks?" Eliza asks, frowning at her orange while she struggles to peel it. "What's the point?"

"Because it's dark and mysterious and sexy," she explains. "Besides, no one has thrown a party like it in years."

"Where will everyone get the masks from?" I ask, contributing to the conversation for once.

"I know there must be some left in the warehouse from that New Years party a couple of years ago," she frowns. "We can make some too."

"How would we get those out of the warehouse. That's off limits to citizens," I point out and she looks at me thoughtfully.

"You could find the warehouse key," she suggests while my eyes widen. "Your parents must have it hidden in your house somewhere, I doubt they would even notice. I'm sure they would have supplies for the other masks in there too."

"You're right, they probably wouldn't notice," I say, looking down at my nails.

Maybe they will.

"So we'll stop by your house after school long enough for you to get the key and then go to the warehouse," Brooke plans. "This is going to be the best party of the year, I can just feel it!"

///

After school, the girls and Daniel linger outside on the steps, waiting for me.

"What do you want?" I ask Daniel once I reach him.

"To walk you home," he raises his eyebrows at me. "We're going to the same place."

I look over at the girls and Jenny shrugs.

"Okay," I nod.

I walk ahead with the girls and he follows after us.

"Girls, guess what," Brooke squeals, clapping her hands together. "Chelsea told me a few minutes ago that she thinks Daddy's getting me diamond earrings for my birthday. They're super rare and super hard to get now a days!"

"God, you're so lucky, Brooke," Jenny says longingly.

"I know," she squeals while I roll my eyes. "It really is going to be a sweet sixteen!"