Chapter thirteen// To Build A Home

Listen to the song as you read when you get to it😇

///

I wake up to a pounding noise on the front door. It's Saturday morning. I sit up in my bed slowly, rubbing my eyes. I was up for most of the night, tossing and turning. It feels like I slept for a total of ten minutes last night.

"Lottie come on, I know you're home," I hear Andrew shout from underneath my window.

Last night comes flooding back like a pounding head ache and I jump out of my bed. I open my door and peer down the hallway, realizing that Mom and Dad are still asleep. I shut the door again, sitting back down on my bed to think about my options.

"Lottie!" He yells again.

I could ignore him until he goes away, but sooner or later, I'm going to have to talk to him.

Figuring that I might as well get it over with, I walk over to my window and pull up the blind, not saying a word to him.

"We need to talk," he says. His hair is messy and he has dark circles under his eyes. I meet his eyes, seeing sadness in them.

It makes me angry that his appearance nearly matches my own. He has no right to look like that after what he did to me.

I run down the stairs and unlock the front door for him, crossing my arms over my chest and standing back against the door frame.

"Can I come in?" He asks, trying to step past me into the house, but I hold my own.

"I'd rather you didn't," I shake my head and he sighs, digging his hands into his pockets and dropping his eyes to stare at the ground.

The both of us just stand there in an utter and deafening silence, the kind that makes you cringe uncontrollably.

"Are you going to say something?" I finally break the silence, my words laced with venom and anger.

"I don't know what to say," he admits, finally looking up at me. "What I did is wrong."

"How long?" I spit out. "How long have you been cheating on me? Last night Brooke said it was almost a year, is that true?"

"Yeah, that's about right," Andrew answers. "I-I wasn't happy with our relationship, you wouldn't have sex with me, and Brooke had been flirting with me for a long time. It just kind of happened."

"Andrew, why would he say you were cheating on me?"

"I have no idea. You don't believe him, do you?"

"No, of course not. I just don't know why he would say that."

"I don't know, but let's just forget about Ben Rhee," he said, pushing some of my hair away from my face to kiss my forehead. "Okay?"

"Okay."

He places a kiss on my cheek and flips us over so he's hovering over top of me, his hands pressed against the pillow on either side of my head as he lowers himself down to kiss me.

"Let me help you forget."

I placed my hands on either side of his face, allowing him to slip his tongue into my mouth. His fingers traveled down my chest before coming to the bottom of my shirt and pushing it up.

"Andrew no," I said breathlessly, pushing his hands away.

He let out a sigh and rolled off of me, staring up at the ceiling and rolling his eyes.