Chapter eight// Hitchhikers Guide

To say I'm surprised when I open Aunt Judith's door on Sunday afternoon to find Andrew standing there, his hands dug into his pockets and a sheepish expression on his face is an understatement.

"Andrew Andrew Andrew!" Ronnie yells, completely hyped up on sugar.

Thanks for letting him eat cookies before I got here Aunt Judith.

"Come see what Daddy made for me!" Ronnie grabs Andrew's hand and pulls him in the door. 

I shut the door and follow the boys into the living room. Ronny shows off his wooden train set that Uncle Shawn built and painted for him. It's beautiful really, but knowing Ronny, he'll quickly tire of it and destroy it.

"Whoa, that's awesome buddy," Andrew says. "Have you taken it for a spin yet?"

"Like five thousand times already!" He beams.

"I bet you'll be picking up all the chicks with that," Andrew says, winking at me while Ronny's cheeks get rosy.

I shake my head in disapproval but I still feel a smile slip onto my face.

He can't have a crush already... can he? He's a baby!

"Really?" He asks, hanging onto every word Andrew is saying.

"Definitely," Andrew smiles. "Hey, is it okay if I steal Lottie for a couple of minutes?"

"You can have her for as long as you want, you can even keep her forever if you want," Ronny says.

"Hey!" I protest, feeling betrayed.

Andrew chuckles and grabs my hand, leading me into the kitchen.

"Get me some milk Charlie!" Ronny calls after us.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" I ask, spinning around.

"Lottie, will you please get me a glass of milk?" He asks, a cheesy smile on his face.

I roll my eyes at him and follow Andrew into the kitchen. I pour Ronny's milk into a glass while I'm waiting for Andrew to speak, but he waits until I give the glass to Ronny and come back to the kitchen.

When I return, he immediately steps closer to me, his arms slipping around my waist. He leans in and kisses me on the cheek and I let out a little sigh, feeling stupid at the happiness that washes over me from his affection.

"You aren't mad about last night, are you?" He asks. "I couldn't find you after Chloe kissed me."

"I was feeling a little bit claustrophobic," I explain, avoiding his eyes so he can't see that I was actually upset.

"Okay," he answers simply. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

Once again, I curse myself for the little flutter of my heart at his sweetness. He's such an asshole, but he's my asshole.

"It was just a dare," I shrug, although last night it didn't feel like it was just a dare.

It felt like Brooke was sending me a message.