Chapter 5

Nikole⬆️⬆️

*Justice*

My second day of school was okay but of course it had to involve Kareem. I really don't know what's wrong with this boy. I told him that I didn't want to be his friend and that I wasn't interested in being used by him. I ended up giving him my number but it's not what you think. I'm just helping him with his essay. My phone rings "Speaking of the devil." I say to myself.

"Hello." I answer the phone.

"Wassup." A deep voice on the other end of the phone says.

"Who is this?" I say pretending not to know who he is.

"Kareem."

"Oh hey." I say sounding disappointed.

"Oh damn. You was expecting somebody else?" He genuinely sounded hurt.

"Yea." I say lying. It sounds like he is lying down, but his voice sounds so damn sexy. You know that voice boys have when they sleepy? He sound just like that, it sends chills down my spine.

"Well whoever they were it's too late cause I'm here now."

"Actually you're there and I'm here but whatever are you ready to do this essay so I can go to sleep?"

"Damn ma, why the rush? I can't just talk to you?"

"No, you can't, I made it perfectly clear earlier when I told you that this was strictly work."

"Work, work, work, is that all you do?" He asks. "No I do other things." I say kind of offended.

"Things like what?"

"I go out with my friends, shopping and stuff like that. Why you worried bout what I be doing?" I ask getting an attitude.

"What's with the attitude? I just wanna know about you that's all."

"Whatever, we are supposed to be working on your essay not making small talk."

"Okay ma my bad." We got to work on his essay and I also finished my essay in the process because I couldn't finish earlier because of him. We got off subject several times. I couldn't even focus because he kept making me laugh. It was almost 1 in the morning when we go to off the phone. It was one of the best conversations I then had with someone in a while. I low key didn't want to get off the phone with him. He made good conversation but I'm not bout let my guard down for no nigga.

***

Thank God it's Friday! Today was okay I guess. Nothing has changed and everything is the same. I mean what you expect in the first week of school. Kareem is still trying to talk to me, I thought that he would have gave up by now. He will eventually.

"Wassup." Kareem comes and put his arm around me as I'm walking to my locker getting ready to go home. I move his arm. "Minding my own business, you should try it sometime." He puts his arm right back where it was. "Come on, don't be like that. Oh and thanks for your help on my essay, I really appreciate it." "You're welcome." I say stopping at my locker.

He leans up against the lockers. " So, tomorrow, I was thinking that if you aren't busy or anything then maybe we could do something." I open my locker and look at him. "Like a date?" "No, not a date. More like a two friends hanging out kind of thing." I laugh a little.

"Oh hell nawl, so you left me for this washed up ass bitch?" Tranique stops in the hallway in front of my locker.

I turned around and Tranique was facing Kareem and pointing at me. She even dress like a lil hoe, she got on a skirt that she should have got sent home for and a shirt that's showing way too much cleavage. I'm not gone lie, she got a bad ass shape. I give people their props when they are due but she still a hoe.