Chapter 1

*Justice*

"Get up!" my mom yells as she pulls the covers off of me. The coldness of the room instantly hits my half naked body. I sleep with the fan on year round because I cannot sleep in a hot and stuffy room. But I also can only sleep with just shirt and panties with three blankets including my main bedspread.

"No, give me just five more minutes before my paradise ends." I say as I curl up into a tight ball to preserve any body heat I may have left. "Your alarm clock went off 30 minutes ago, get up Justice." "And don't make me come back in here." That's the last thing she said before she walked out of my room.  I was not used to getting up this early because my summer schedule was still wired in my head.  And since the last day of summer was yesterday, I have a problem.

I knew better than to just lay there so I got my ass up before I got my ass handed to me. I took one of the quickest showers in history because I was already running late. It was the first day of my junior year and I was already starting it off wrong. When I got out of the shower I put on the outfit that I laid out for myself last night. I put on my Velvet Sugar Bath & Body Works Lotion mixed in with my baby oil gel. I only mix it together because I seen my mom do it before, but now I really see the difference in using both. Then to top it off I sprayed the Velvet Sugar fragrance spray on me. The Velvet Sugar fragrance is my signature fragrance, I have tons of other lotions and sprays but this is my favorite.

My hair was bone straight and I had on my make-up. I like to go for a natural look at all times. I'm not really into all that foundation and drawing on my eyebrows and shit. I just apply some blush, eye shadow, and mascara. I love mascara!!!

"Come on child your sister is outside!" my mom yells from downstairs. I immediately grab my purse and do a spin in the mirror. I run downstairs very noisy, my mom and Elroy hate when I run down the stairs because it always sounds like I'm falling. When I get to the bottom my mom is staring at me with her hand on her chest, "Will you please not do that." "Sorry momma." I say as I grab the bag of food she has for me in her hand and kiss her on the cheek.

"Oh you look nice girl where you going?"

"Ha, very funny, you know I'm going to work." "I'm going to be a little late so feel free to order you a pizza when you get home."

"Yes ma."

"Now go go go go before your sister starts blowing the horn and gets into it with the neighbors again." she says while smacking my butt.

I run outside and instead of taking the pavement way because I know how impatient Nikole can be I cut cross the lawn and get into her 2015 Corvette. "Hey Nikki." I say as I get comfortable in her front seat and instantly start to eat the food my mom prepared for me. "What took you so long?" she says with less of an attitude than expected. She had on yesterday's make-up and her eyelashes were coming off. She also had on yesterday's or very early this morning's dress with some fuzzy bunny pants and slippers. "Oh please your class doesn't start for almost two hours."

As she pulls off and make her way to my school which is approximately 10 minutes away from my house she says "But I also value sleep, which I would rather be doing than taking you to school." "Maybe you wouldn't be this grouchy if you wasn't partying all night or if you had a man or something to do with your life." I respond . I was done with my food so I put the bag in her backseat so she could throw it away. She hates when I do that but I do it anyway.

"Oh shut up and what you think you doing, I'm not a maid." "Take it in the school and throw it away."

"Okay I will." I say lying to her face.

Nikole A.K.A Nikki is 20 years old, she will be turning 21 in a couple of months. She attends a college near by because she didn't want to be far from home. She is a Psychology major. We look somewhat alike, hair the same length, same face structure, blah blah blah. She ain't really into all that dating stuff. She says that it doesn't work for her and that "niggas play too much"and that "they ain't shit".

"I can't wait until you finally pass your driving test so these morning pick ups can stop."

"I will Nikki, damn, leave it alone."

"I will not leave it alone, you took the test twice & failed twice and I don't see you giving me no damn gas money."

"Oh my God, okay."

"Alright now, get out my car and remember niggas ain't shit." she says as she pulls up to South Central High School. "Okay bye, I love you." I say as I'm getting out of the car.

" I love you too."