Chapter 13

"So basically it's a double date?"

"No Kareem." I say rolling my eyes and searching through my closet.

"That's what it sounds like to me."

"Who cares what it sounds like to you? Its just a New Year's Eve party." I say from my closet.

"Yea and that Maliah girl meeting up somebody she met at the last party ya'll went to and she bringing her cousin. I know you told me. Why you just can't stay home and bring in the New Year with me?" He asks.

"I would have stayed home and brought it in with my dad but he had some last minute business to take care of so therefore I'm going out."

"Damn, and yo' daddy ain't at home. So, you can bring that nigga back to the house or some like that. And how well do you even know this dude? Have you met him before or seen a picture at least? He could be a serial killer or some."

"Nope I don't know him or seen a picture. How bad can he be? It's just one night, if he ugly or I don't like him I'll just find some random stranger to spend my time with. And Kareem, don't try to play me like you ain't going out tonight, cause that's why you got that damn outfit hanging on yo' door. And I know you ain't tripping bout me bringing a nigga home or fucking him or some when I know you still fucking bitches left and right. And I know for a fact you getting some tonight."

"Damn baby, my bad. I am going out tonight and how long you expect a nigga to hold out on sex?"

"That wasn't a yes or no."

"So! Why you care? You made it clear that you don't like me in that way or wanna be with me. So what I do should be none of your concern."

"You right, it's not." I say walking back in front of the camera with a navy blue body con dress with criss cross in the front and back. "So do whatever you want because I do not care. Just stop trying to talk to me on that level cause I'm not with that shit."

"Man whatever Justice. You always gotta be so difficult."

"Whatever." I say rolling my eyes. "What do you think about this dress?" I do a 360 so he can see the whole dress.

"I think you look beautiful but I hope you don't plan on wearing that."

"Why not? Does it look bad?" I ask looking in the mirror.

"No, you look too good. That nigga ain't going to be able to take his eyes or his hands off you."

"So I didn't look good in the other 5 dresses?"

"Yes." He rolls his eyes obviously annoyed with me. "Just wear the dress."

"Okay, fine." I take the dress off to make my face up. I wand my hair and lotion up, then put my dress and shoes on.

"You take forever to get ready." Kareem says.

"I have to look good to bring the New Year in. How do I look now?"

"You look beautiful as always and I love how you don't cake yo' face up with makeup. You got natural beauty girl, you lucky."

I blush a little. "Thank you. Now I know you wanna get ready and Maliah will be here any minute. I'll talk to you later."

"Wait." He says stopping me from pressing the end button.

"Yes?" I say smiling and looking at myself in the tiny square at the bottom.