Reactions, Reactions, Reactions (Reiji)

Your (Chemistry/ Science Teacher's Name) decided that your whole class will be paired to another student. As your (C/T/N) explained, this will pave way for grab a better understanding for chemical reactions or so s/he thought.

Names were being blurted out, one by one. Everyone, or almost everyone, are currently happy with the pairings. Most of the female students of your class wanted to be paired to "dean-like" student, none other than, Reiji Sakamaki.

It's not that they want to hang out with a every-girl's-crush or popular guy in school thanks to his eccentric family's influence: it's more on the smarts. Know to everyone, he maybe strict, however, the duo grade is remarkably high. With that, every girl wants to have Reiji as a tutor.

While waiting for your teacher to call your name, something in you said that this will go out very wrong. During the period you're dipped in anxiety and anticipation: the teacher unexpectedly called you and another name ----- Sakamaki Reiji.

It was somewhat it became quite weird, in addition to the glares you got. Being paired to the smartest person in class, sort of makes your stomach upside down.

Reiji being the kind gentleman he is, offered you with grace, a chair right next him. You hesitantly agree but just sat down in total silence with him.

It wasn't because he somewhat type of your interest, but rather, the fact that many eyes landes on you. You dislike attention, more specifically, radar attention. It wasn't in you being next to a influential figure in school, or be in one of them.

So you thought: 'It will be for one day, (Y/N). It will be all temporary. This will a breeze. Just momentarily.' 

Apparently, it was not the case. The experiment is TOO long. It was for the sake for your grade so you pushed yourself. Reiji would be blabbering to do this and that and again. He would keep on telling what to do and what not. If it weren't for this chemistry grade, most likely, you could have ditched him and left him.

He was very, very bossy... you could call. He wanted to be the lead and you the subordinate. If this school had rules of assaulting another school mate, most likely, you told him to shut up.

Despite the situation, you still somewhat had "fun". It was not being bossed around by Reiji but rather the fact, the experiment is fun or somewhat like that.

Reactions made this chemicals fascinated you. Deep color changes and those bubbles - even though your class was warned it has a slight potential of being dangerous - it was wonderful. Your reactions to this chemicals was somewhat childish but still color changes is nice to look at.

"(Y/N). Kindly place those chemicals over here and after that ------" Reiji ordered. Immediately, you moved swiftly to do what he said.

"Mhm, jot down what I'm going to say."  He started and you prepared your notebook and pen. "The water  that is in the test tube, once heated through the burner, would boil due to the fire that sits right below the test tube." He stopped and examined the next test tube and briefly told you: "The next set of reactants…." He went on, however, you seemed awkwardly gazing at Reiji.

It wasn't because you like him. He reminds you of someone else. Someone that you haven't seen for a long while.

It was not a long time ago when he left to go somewhere. He was a good friend of yours. You and him were inseparable. He was your rock and you were his rock, too. When someone would hurt you, in anyway, he would come to your rescue. Whenever there is a time possible, you and him would race from a certain sakura tree until one of you reaches the little pond.

They were good memories. From children, you both grew into somewhat like teenagers. From that day on, you both were bonded like hydrogen and oxygen. Inseparable, again. Until, it changed. He moved away somewhere else, however, before that you sort of told him what you felt. You liked him. He, in turn, didn't. Afterwards, he left without a goodbye.

Your case wasn't those related to those cliche romances. When you guy best friend would like you, too. It was a simple minded complication. A complicated equation. After that heart breaking experience, you fell apart but eventually move on with a little tingle of reservation.

Whenever some guy would ask you out, immediately denied them and their very existence. After that, more and more tried their luck, however, the same just happens ---- rejection. It wasn't in you to try and believe again. It might take more than that.

"(Y/N), did you jot that down?" His voice brought you to reality.

"Uh, yeah." You nodded and proceeded to do the necessary.

You started writing and so did he. You and Reiji ignored each other's existence for a while. He very focused on his work while you were half spacing out and focused on the task at hand. It wasn't a forever long wait since the bell rang. After a few more minutes, everyone turned in their papers with you in the crowd. The teacher sighed at the thought of checking more papers later. Since Chemistry was your last period, you headed at exit and left.

Tap.

You turned around and saw Reiji standing there. Your questioning look was evident in your face. He didn't seemed bothered. A few words came out from his mouth which took you by surprise but masked it quickly.

"(Y/N), would it be okay to have lunch with you?"

Blank. Blank. Blank. Fighting for thinking right over  being impulsive, was giant war in your head. Nevertheless, your "impulsive" self gave you away.

"Yeah, sure."

"I'll drop by the room, then?"

"Yeah."

After that, he turned his heels and went to where ever he's going. You, on the other hand, was a complete mess. Thinking and thinking was all you done for the pass few minutes until the clock was staring at you. Time flew by so fast that it made you have the urge to run back to the classroom and start preparing. You reached your classroom and immediately when to your chair and dropped your things. You turned your heel and saw Reiji standing there.

"Let's go?"

You nodded and situated yourself next to him and you both walked off.