Me and the Speech

Wait,wait,wait.... Did I just hear it correctly or is someone else the first year representative, not ME?

A sudden noise burst into the crowd. Everyone was obviously expecting my name to be announced but why?! I was standing while being shocked by the announcement. The announcer, Aria, was it? said to me, " Ms. Collins, is something wrong?". Of course. Something IS wrong. Why didn't she announced my name?! But instead of answering my thoughts to her out loud, I replied with, " N-no, its alright".

Everybody was looking at me because I'm the only one standing.Ugh, What utter humiliation! I immediately sat on my chair. Whoever this Aki Ortiz, I'm going to make him regret this!

A minute had passed by but no Aki Ortiz were insight. Aria announced his name over and over again. The students were in an uproar because of this. I noticed the blond boy I met a while ago, more like a brief meeting, frantically searched for a person. He went out of the hall. Hmph...If he's looking for THAT person, I don't care either way.

More minutes passed by and the hall was in chaos. The announcer and some teachers, because some of them don't care, talked to the security guards while the students were continuing their disbelief. MY DISBELIEF. After for a while the blond guy came, pulling the shirt of the red-haired guy. The guy was visibly angry at the blond guy. The blond guy talked to him and gestured something. I can't quite hear them but I bet it has nothing to do with me. When the teachers and Aria saw the red-haired guy, they stopped and called for him.

It can only mean one thing. He's Aki Ortiz?! I whispered loudly that some of my seatmates probably heard me. No way. That arrogant, conceited person who defied me a while ago is Aki Ortiz?!

At first, he was hesitating but eventually gave in to the pleas of his friend. I watched him take his way into the platform. That should be me!

Aria then introduced again Aki Ortiz to all of us. "He is Aki Ortiz. He scored the entrance exam with the highest score of 489 out of 500. Now, Mr. Aki Ortiz, you may now take the stage"

I really felt frustrated about all of this. Now Jared won't be happy about me anymore. My hardwork came into despair.

"He" finally took the place of Aria and started his speech with "Umm... Can I get this over with?".

The whole student body booed in unison. After all, they could not accept someone who is carefree about his life to be the respected first year representative. Hmph...everyone understands how I feel. Some of the students threw paper at him while others glared and talked quietly about him.

I was shocked because after all of that, he looked like nothing happened. No reaction. Just serious eyes. Thump...Wait, what?

"So as I was saying, " he continued," I will gladly face head on those who had a problem with me. So, better be prepared" he turned.
"Oh, and have a great high school life" he added and left.

The hall was in total ruin. The students, including me, was stunned by what he said. Aria apologizes in behalf of the school for the behavior of "Aki Ortiz". The principal was the only one in the teachers seat that didn't move. He was focused on something and was in deep thought. If I were the representative, I would have done a better job than him.

I thought that the principal mumbled something but the school bell rang.