Me and the Stress

We finally reached my condo unit. Sebastian assisted me into getting out of the car. The building looked gigantic from afar. It consists of 49 floors, with the 50th as the rooftop.The Collins family is known to be filthy rich so owning the whole building is out of the question. Sebastian escorted me to my room in the 27th floor. As we walked to the elevator, I suddenly remembered Nora.

"Sebastian,where's Nor-?" I suddenly stopped. I just remembered that Nora's attending school today.
"What is it?"
"No, never mind it."

We continued to walk silently until we reached my room.

"Well, my lady, if you need anything, please don't hesitate to contact us" he said. I nodded. He pulled something out of his pocket.
"And this-" he gave it to me. I tried to hold it. It's a bell.
"What's this?"
"Please use this in emergencies only and in times when you're in trouble. Its-" I couldn't hear the rest of his sentence. My mind was still occupied from the incident. His words just slipped through my ears. I saw him gesture a goodbye. I gestured back. He left through the corner of the corridor.

I closed my door. I went straight to my bed and into my blanket. I wrapped it around me and buried my face to my pillows. I screamed as loud as I can to let all of it out of my sytem. I couldn't help but cry. I cried for many hours until I passed out.

When I opened my eyes, it was already 3 in the afternoon. Something smelled delicious. I looked for its source.

There was curry and bread beside me. I reached for the bread. When I moved it, a letter fell down. It was from Nora.

I am really sorry for not being at your side when you needed me the most. I was suddenly called by your Father so I might be home later than usual. I know that you haven't yet eaten your lunch so here's a special dish that I made just for you, Ms. Wrenise. Please cheer up!

Water dropped to the letter. Before I knew it, I was crying already. Her words really touched me.

I ate her food, savoring each bite. The curry's a little cold but it didn't matter. It was really delicious but it was not enough. When I finished eating all of it, I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. I saw sandwiches and cakes. I grabbed all of them and sat at the dining table. I ate them without worrying my weight. I guess this is what you call 'Stress Eating'.

I returned to my bed. I saw my reflection in the mirror. A girl with crazy hair, sore eyes, and cake frostings in her lip were looking intently at me. The girl started crying. I was amazed at myself a while ago when I was still calm after when I saw how he was killed.

Now I understand. The effects will occur later on.

A ringing tone brought me back to myself. It was my favorite song, 'Live!' by The End of the World. How ironic. The song contradicted the bands name. I picked my phone and saw a familiar name. "BlueODDS01 messaged you"

Hey .... I know that you're having a hard time right now but try to look at the bright places.

His messages really mystify me sometimes. It's like he knew all of my situation. I replied with "I'm OK. There's nothing wrong." Lies

A sudden reply appeared on the screen.

No, you're not OK. You're lying. Your not your usual self. Normally, you'll use emoticons to express what you're feeling and will add humor to lighten the atmosphere..... Just tell me how you feel. I'm right here for you....👍

Wow. He instantly knew that I'm lying. We started texting each other yesterday and he immediately knew me. My eyes became blurry. Tears were blocking my eyesight. I wiped them.

"I'm sorry.... The truth is I'm not OK. Something horrible happened 😭😭😭" I said, while writing in the text box.

"There... You see?! If you're troubled about something, don't hold it in. Let it all out and be sure to have a listener... or reader, like me..... I'll always be by your side.☺"

I'll always be by your side. Those words were somewhat familiar. Even though I watched dramas and the likes, the way he/she said that were nostalgic. It's not cliche.

"Hmmm....OK....who are you, BlueODDS01?" A long pause came after that. The reply was delayed for a moment.

"Nah, not telling you 😯😜✌..hahahah....actually, tt's better if you don't know...... Oh! I must have been keeping g you for a while, I'll let you sleep now. First step - Rest well 🌛"

I yawned. I looked at the time. It was already 10. Time was really flying. I didn't noticed that it became dark. How sly! He/she changed the subject!

"Hmph! 🙎 OK, good night, then!"

I rubbed my eyes. I felt really sleepy. I'll ask again in another time. I didn't felt hungry. It must have been all the sandwiches and cakes. I readied my bed. I looked at myself. I should take a night bath.

I checked my phone again. There was a message notification. I became really excited. Texting with BlueODDS01 was unexpectedly fun. My eyes were I'm shock. It's Jared. I never expected that! Wait....I should have, he treats me as his best friend... Ugh, why did I think that?!

"Nise, you OK? I just received that you caught a nasty fever. Sorry, I couldn't visit you. The School's pretty busy because of yesterday. Please be OK." is what the message said.

His words didn't have the same impact as BlueODDS01. Although I loved it, I felt that BlueODDS01 has more feelings. I know that he means the same but...but...Ugh! What am I thinking! He's the one I loved the most! I kept thinking like that until I fell asleep.

That night, something changed within me.
I don't know.