Me and my Strange Seatmate

After all the things that had happened, I missed his bored but serious attitude. My impression of him changed a little. I thought that he was nothing but a nightmare in my life, ready to haunt me until I break. Now that I considered his acts towards me, I opened my mind to other possibilities. For me, this was a first step. I realized that I was being a jerk. Maybe because of magic, my viewpoint broaden. So, instead of my usual scowl, I gave him a nod.

"Sorry..... thanks" I whispered while looking at the ground. When I looked up to him, I saw something unbelievable.

He smiled.

A gush of blood rushed to my face. I felt strangely warm and embarassed. My stomach churned with butterflies. I hurriedly went inside, grabbing Nicole's hand. What was that?! It was my first time seeing something like that!

Nicole guessed my sudden behavior and lead me into my chair. When I sat on my chair, I saw Nicole smile from ear to ear.

"Wh-what?" I asked uncomfortably.
"Things surely change! Yesterday's enemy is now today's friend" she smiled a sarcastic one.
"He-he's not my friend. I just thought it was my fault in the first place"
"Hmmm...I don't know about that"

The door was opened in silence but weirdly enough, it got our attention. Ms. Hillary walked with her sciency black lab coat and odd sunglasses. She was carrying a silver clipboard.

"Okay, I should be going now. I'll just wait until class' finished"
"Okay, see ya later, Nikky"

Now that I finally returned to reality, I noticed that the classroom was like any other classrooms. Except that there were only ten students. A large chalkboard that covers almost all the spaces in the wall at the front, a teacher's desk that gives you the feeling of a judge's table in front, and the student's desks were arranged neatly in a window-to-window pattern. Considering my first impression of Ms. Hillary's class, this was way better. There were four sliding windows. Two have decorative grills, shaped like some medieval crest while the other two were modernised.

My seat was in the front, furthest from the doors and is near to the grilled windows. Nicole was two-chairs away from me and she's also a front seater. My neighbor student was still not here, as well as the seat behind me. I saw Aki walked closer. I suddenly become nervous. Is he the one seated beside me?

My expectations were neither correct nor wrong. He was seating at the seat behind me. I was relieved and disappointed at the same time. Relieved that I wouldn't have to deal with my emotional disorder when he's close and in my line of sight. Disappointed that....... Why am I disappointed? Still, I will try to get along with him. He's somewhat connected to all of my recent encounters.

When Ms. Hillary was about to start, a worn-out guy appeared at the door. He's late. He must be exhausted from all that running. He has black hair with a shade of dark blue color at the ends of his hair. His yellow eyes were like a cat's. Sharp and observant. When I focused my eyesight, he was emitting a deep blue color. The color of the ocean.

When he noticed the commotion he made, he bowed and apologized quickly.

"Okay, Mr. Ken Ellsworth, to make up with your tardiness, you're going to clean the yard behind the cafeteria. Consider this as a warning" said Ms. Hillary without looking at the person named Ken.
"Yes, please" he looked rather thankful.
"You may take your seat now"

Ken came closer to my direction and sat at the chair beside me.
"Hey. Nice to meet ya" he smiled and offered a handshake.
"N-nice to meet you, uh, Mr. Ellsworth? I'm Wrenise Collins" I took his offer. Are you telling me he's MY seatmeat?!
"Call me Ken, Nise" I heard Aki clicked his tongue. Huh.
"Okay...Ken" He seems kind of nice. Although I am uncomfortable with him calling me by my nickname in our first meeting without my consent, I think that its a good omen that we'll be good friends in the future.

"Okay, enough with the noise, let us start the class" declared Ms. Hillary.