Me and Revelation

A warm hand shoke me awake. I was surprised because every morning, nobody woke me up in the mansion but today was different, I was outside of the Great Gate. I rubbed my eyes to fully see the person. It was Fall, carrying a bag of apples. He handed me the apples and said "For breakfast". I started wondering if Fall was bad at speaking. I first took precaution but as I saw the glistening redness of the fruit, I gave in. Seeing that I've eaten, I saw Fall smile a little. My face turned red. I don't know why. He then went back to his place. I stood up and try to go out to stretch but he grabbed my hand.
"Don't. Monsters will smell your scent" he said.
"Monsters?" I questioned him. He nod. He looked at me from top to bottom.
"You're an angel right?" he asked.
"Yes and so, what about it?"
"They're low intelligence-large type of demons called Congos"

Demons. Angel's arch enemy and Nemesis. Although I'm called the Saviour of Thrae, I still can't fight multiple demons at once. It's my first time seeing their real shadows.

"I will be the one to get food and other things that you need. They won't hurt me because I'm not their target" he added.
"Why are you doing all of these?" I asked, out of curiosity. He paused for a moment then answered, "It's because I want to"

Silence echoed throughout the space. "Ok" I finally agreed.

From then on, everyday was like that. I began to have this weird feeling whenever he's close to me. I feel really happy when I see him smile. I feel lonely when he's gone. He wiped out all the doubts in me whenever he appears until one day, I heard a familiar voice. I quickly ran into the door and peeked. It was Arnold. My guardian and teacher. When he saw me, he was so relieved that he started crying.
"Oh, Miss. I finally found you. When you disappeared, everyone was frantically searching for you! You don't know how worried I am!" he said, tears escaping from his eyes.
"I'm sorry. I just thought that I would like to go outside for once and experience what everyone experiences. Some things delayed my return but someone helped me while I was staying here"
"Is that so? I would like to meet this person" he said.

A voice spoke from Arnold's behind. "Wren?" Fall asked. He looked like he ran in a hurry, seeing he's out of breath.

When Arnold saw Fall, he immediately went in front of me, blocking Fall from my sight. "Arnold?" I asked.
"Stay back, Miss. He's dangerous" Arnold said. I heard him grind his teeth.
"What are you talking about? He's the person who helped me!" I stated clearly to him.
"What?!" He sounded surprised. Very surprised. He thought for a minute then decided on something. He turned back at me and said, "Miss, we are going home. Now" he said with urgency.
"What? Right now?" I looked at Fall. I saw him felt relieved. Sadness struck me and a stinging sensation hurt my chest. I'm saying goodbye to him? He looked relieved when he heard that I'm leaving, I thought.

A weird noise broke out the tension. Arnold grabbed me and brightness struck my eyes. Two large, white, beautiful wings appeared at Arnold's back. He flapped his wings in a hurry. I was surprised at the sudden action. "I still haven't said goodbye and thank you to him" I struggled. He paused.
"As I thought. Miss, do you think that you'll still thank him when you know his real identity? He's the heir to the throne of the Demon King!"

The sudden revelation hit me hard. I looked back at Fall's direction. I saw him being taken away by a group of high ranking demons. When he saw me from afar, he smiled and stopped struggling. I turned away when our eyes meet. I can't stop my tears from falling.

When we finally returned to the mansion. I brushed past the people who were waiting for me and went straight into my room. I heard Arnold apologize for my actions but I didn't care. I slumped into my bed. I cried and cried. I was really hurt about the truth. He was the one who I'm supposed to defeat. I can't shake the feeling of wanting to be with him.

Then I realized.

I loved him. I really, truly, and deeply fell in love with him.

This realization made my heart ache even more. It's my first time that I felt this kind of pain. Getting beat up at martial arts were less painful than this. I wished that I never fell in love .......

Nise von Earhart

The story ended. I was dumbfounded. The narrator was a person that I knew from the very deepest part of my soul.
A person that was with me all throughout my 16 years of being alive.

I remembered everything.

The narrator was me.