Marriage Counseling at Ten Paces

"Alvin, could you please tell me what we're doing out in the middle of swamp at 4 o'clock in the morning..."

"I'm guessing you didn't read the PDF I sent you?"

"No. Work has been a bear this week, didn't get around to it."

"You really should have Beth..."

"I said I was busy, I mean, this thing isn't actually going to happen, is it?"

"How long have you known Greg and Jessica?"

"A few years maybe..."

"Well, I've known them since before they got married. Do yourself a favor, if he gets out of this, ask Greg to roll up his pants leg for you."

"Oh my god, this isn't a joke, is it?"

"This is my third one, and there was another guy before me."

"I should have read that..."

"Don't worry about it, they're never here on time. Just look it over it now and I'll talk you through any parts you don't understand."

2.

"This can't be legal..."

"That's why we're in a swamp at 4 o'clock in the morning."

"Thanks for the clarification. By the way, that doesn't make this any less crazy."

"It's they're marriage, who are we to judge?"

"We're their friends!"

"Right now, we're their Seconds."

"OK, fine, we're their Seconds. Doesn't that mean our job is to stop this from happening? That's what Seconds do, we're supposed to keep them from shooting each other! Can't we just agree that they're both wrong?"

"I wish it were that simple. If we come to them with something that, they're just going to shoot each other anyway. The only way this stops, is if Greg admits that he was wrong."

"You know, Jessica could admit that she was wrong."

"Nice one Beth, I think you're starting to get it."

3.

"He agreed that he wasn't going to stay out later than 11 anymore, especially not when he has work in the morning."