Mixing Up a Miracle

Harold

"So you're the guy, right?"

"I'm a guy, yes..."

"No man, that's not what I'm talking about. You're 'the guy,' right? The one who makes the drinks?"

"That is what a bartender does..."

"Yea, you're the guy alright. My buddy told me you were sort of a prick. What kind of name is The Bar, anyway?"

"A bad one, if the expression on your face is any indication."

"Sounds like some trendy, Brooklyn B.S. to me, but I don't mind, as long as what they say about you is true."

"What do they say about me?"

"That you can make things happen! That your drinks ... that your drinks ... You're supposed to be like Ghandi and Gandalf all wrapped up into one, aren't you?"

"I wouldn't take it that far. People say lots of things, especially when they're drunk."

"My buddy told me that you would say exactly that...You are the guy!"

"Guilty as charged, I am ... 'the guy'..."

"Sweet! Gotta ask, do you own this place or what? I don't see anyone else working back there."

"No more than you do, friend."

"Yea, I guess you don't look like the type. Does your boss know what you can do?"

"My boss knows who I am, if that's what you mean."

"And he doesn't mind? He just has you out here mixing drinks for idiots like me? I'd have locked you in a cage and had you make me a millionaire or the King of the world by now."

"Then I'm glad I don't work for you."

"It's just a joke man..."

"My boss and I have an arrangement, let's just leave it at that."

"Who am I to judge how someone butters their bread? I'm just here to drink. What do you have for me?"

"First, you're going to have to tell me what you need..."

"He told me you would say that too!"

"Your friend ... is very talkative. Now, what will you have?"

"OK, check this. I've got a bid in for this contract with the city. The other guy, he's...well, I'm no saint, but he makes me look I should strumming harps up on a cloud somewhere. Real piece of work that one, and he's going to win."