Friendship Never Dies (a One Direction Fanfiction)

Chapter 2

Liam was alone in the kitchen at 2 in the morning. He heard someone coming down the stairs and looked up from the book he had been reading. Kate wandered in wearing a pair of her dance shorts and one of Zayn's varsity jackets.

"Heeeeeeello there!" Liam said. "Hi Liam!" Kate chirped, pulling two Red Bulls out of the fridge. She got out supplies for making peanut butter sandwiches, brought it over, and sat across from Liam. Looking at her and listening to her chatter, Liam thought about how young she was. She was a full 6 years younger than him, but Zayn really did love her. Liam watched her carefully cut the crust off of Zayn's sandwich, and he could tell that she loved him too.

"Do you think you could help me out?" Kate was trying to juggle the sandwiches and the Red Bulls, so Liam grabbed the cans and followed her up the stairs. When they reached Zayn's room, Liam opened the door and through the cans on the bed. Zayn was laying there in a pair of plaid boxers and socks. Kate walked in and waved the sandwiches and Zayn hopped out of bed. He lifted her off the ground and started to kiss her. She wrapped her arms and legs around him and let the sandwiches hit the ground. As Liam backed out of the room, he wished them goodnight. Zayn mumbled something unintelligible but Kate pulled away and yelled "Goodnight Liam!" Liam started down the hallway as Kate and Zayn fell onto the bed. Passing Niall's room he heard Niall's familiar laugh, couple with Peyton's quiet giggle. Liam chuckled to himself as he reached his own room. Tomorrow the boys were going shopping without any girls. It would be good for them, Liam thought.