Chapter 6

A/N

Wow you guys are incredible! Thank you so much for the encouragement! I will keep posting but the more reads, votes, and comments I get, the faster I will update! Alright here we go!

Chapter 6

New Year's Eve

Everyone was sitting in the living room, counting down until midnight.

10 seconds left.

The clock began to chime and everyone cheered, toasting champagne and popping poppers. Zayn leaned over and kissed Kate! She giggled and threw a black eyed pea in her mouth.

"It's good luck! My Mimi told me about it. She's been doing it all her life!" Kate had made one of her favorite snacks, cowboy caviar. Everyone was laughing and having a great time!

"Happy New Year everyone!" Liam raised his glass. "This is to another great year as more than a band. As a family." Everyone raised their glasses and smiled. Liam had a way with words that made everyone want to listen to him.

It was going to be a great year, they thought.

--------------------------------------------

Skipping ahead (just before spring break!)

"2 more weeks!" Niall was smiling into the receiver, talking to Peyton. "And it's a good thing too," he continued. "Zayn has been absolutely useless since Kate left. Basically, the only time we can even get him to be a bit happy is when he's on the phone with her!"

Peyton scoffed. "I know! Kate has been the same way. It's like she doesn't have a reason to try, she's just going through the motions. Uggghh they are on of THOSE couples. Are we like that?"

Niall smiled. "No we aren't. Good thing too. I'm about ready to kill Zayn." Peyton laughed. Someone said something to Peyton. "Hey, I gotta go! I'll text you later." Peyton chirped. "Ok," Niall said, disappointed. "Byeeeeeeeee!" And with that Peyton was gone.

Niall walked in, sitting next to Harry on the couch. "Where's Zayn?" Niall asked. Harry looked at him amused and point to his ear whispering "Listen."

From upstairs, they could hear Zayn's laughter as Kate was telling a story about the school dance team.

Niall laughed and rolled his eyes. "Well," Harry started, "at least he'll be bare able for a little while." Niall nodded and went in to get some food. That was one thing he did miss about Kate being here, Kate cooked all the time and since she left the boys had eaten an unbelievable amount of pizza and Chinese take out!

'Just two more weeks,' Niall thought, 'Two more weeks until I get to see Peyton.' He sighed to himself, grabbing a piece of cold pizza and sitting on the counter humming.

He walked up to Zayn's room to say hi to Kate. He pushed open the door and walked across the room, sitting on Zayn's lap and stealing his phone. "Why heeeellllloooo there!" Niall said into the phone. Kate laughed out loud. "Well hi Niall! Wachya up to?"

Kate was wearing leggings and an oversized sweater. Her hair was curled naturally and she was wearing almost no makeup, as usual. "Oh you know," Niall began. "Just missing your food!" Kate laughed again. "We'll eat a HUGE family meal as soon as y'all land! Now will you hand the phone back to my boyfriend? I only have ten more minutes before I have to change and go to practice!" "Oh great, Zayn will be all depressed again!" Niall winked an gave the phone back to his friend, leaving the room.

In a few minutes, Zayn joined the boys downstairs. "What are we watching tonight?" Zayn asked, looking at a picture of him and Kate ice skating. Liam smiled and threw in the copy of "Oklahoma" that Kate had left with them. Zayn looked up and grinned at Liam as the boys all settled in to watch the film, though it was a little odd without Kate singing along!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

So what do y'all think?!?!? Please vote and comment! Tell your friends and get more people reading! I love you all!